jdown

3rd time in 4 years - 3/3 opening am

I normally don't post stories on here, but since this was the 3rd time in 4 years my sons and I have gone 3/3 on opening morning I thought I would share that but the real story here is this is the first year they let me shoot first... I guess the time has come where they are looking out for me vs me looking out for them.  Heck why not, I'll take it and thanks boys! 

Happy New Years all and good luck

IMG_2487.PNG

IMG_0142.JPG

• Like 19

Thanks all.  Back at work and found the picture of the first time we did it 3 years ago so added.  2 years ago my sons were skinning theirs as I was getting on mine so no picture of the 3 together.  Last year was rough with that snow on opening day and my one son and I played hooky on the first nice day and killed 2 and the other one made it a longer season but got it done the last weekend I think it was.  Anyway, all good times and good luck to all!   

That's great and I like it that your sons let you shoot first. That shows a lot of maturity, love and respect. Nice to see you posting again.

We have been blessed with good kids for sure! Never has been a competition for game and they enjoy watching stuff get hunted and being the glasser as much as being the one the trigger. The only exception was last year, my son did a ton of work to find a very nice bear in a very $hiT hole canyon.. him and I went in the next weekend (I think his 3rd or 4th trip in there and my 2nd) and I don't think there was a chance in he77 that he was going to give up the gun on that one and I wasn't about to even ask.. he put in all the effort, I got enjoy the stalk and kill through 15s!  Other than that, it's a chip and dale usually.. "you go, no you go... "

• Like 1

looks like a great time...congrats!