CouesPursuit

Outdoor, Air-Conditioned Sheds

Anyone have an outdoor shed with AC in the valley that could offer any advice on the building or purchasing of one? Not looking for daily living comfort, but would like to keep the items stored in it in decent shape, perhaps with a window unit?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

Conex box

This right here, not me but my buddy bought a 40’ Conex box, sprayed foam inside, window unit and it works really good. He had someone spray the foam in from a 50 gallon drum. 

I have a couple garage/sheds built and have a/c on them. Mitsubishi is who makes the unit. Super cold and very reasonably priced. I’ll look into it more and give you all the info of who put mine in and how much it was cause I don’t remember. 

When applicable, I always like to try and come back to supply an update after starting a thread so here it is. Factoring in security and return on investment, the container won hands down. Thanks, Lance and Vowell. 

I went with an insulated 20' container with OSB radiant barrier walls/ceiling (aluminum-sided sheets facing out) and a Portable AC (Over-sized/14,000 BTU) with 6" exhaust/vent.

I'm certainly not a carpenter and was not seeking perfection, but would be happy to share any other information upon request. 

20200107_111948.thumb.jpg.fe4c8481755a9fc8766dae0ba0e2fa11.jpg

20200119_131923.thumb.jpg.8787d93359aa028f58975019404e0813.jpg

20200202_094420.thumb.jpg.d290bb3a596995d2b8e7b92809448c6e.jpg

• Like 4

man that's awesome over all what was the total cost. i have been thinking of getting one of those portable buildings but like the conex idea way better in thinking long term

1 hour ago, 1denogean said:

man that's awesome over all what was the total cost. i have been thinking of getting one of those portable buildings but like the conex idea way better in thinking long term

Prices vary on the container depending on grade, any refurbishing (seal/paint), and insulation. After shopping options, I felt like I got a good deal for refurbished and insulated 20' @ $3000. Another $500 for wood, chalk, paint, etc. and a smoking OfferUp deal for a new LG portable AC @ $200. Electrical is next. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5guyshunting said:

You must have some expensive junk! 

Looks great! How about the outside?

More like a need for a cool place to reload and find peace with a growing family! Expensive stuff is staying in the house. Thanks.

20200205_160223.thumb.jpg.35fec94175cfbf9fe023e7698b6a97e3.jpg

• Like 9

I get that, but I need them to get sheds to give me room and peace again. I had 1500 sq feet and they are slowly taking over. Good luck😏

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

I get that, but I need them to get sheds to give me room and peace again. I had 1500 sq feet and they are slowly taking over. Good luck😏

Ha! I have 160 sqft under lock, key and combination and I'm drawing the line now! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow!!! Great job, it came out looking really good!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

A guy could grow quite a bit of tomatoes in something like that if you know what im saying 

Growing a family, not tomatoes! ROI comes later I said! lol

• Like 1