CouesPursuit

Outdoor, Air-Conditioned Sheds

We got an outdoor shed for my wife, because she likes gardening, so we keep all the garden furniture and supplies there. The AC seems broken, so we'll see what we can do about that..

On 2/5/2020 at 4:04 PM, CouesPursuit said:

More like a need for a cool place to reload and find peace with a growing family! Expensive stuff is staying in the house. Thanks.

20200205_160223.thumb.jpg.35fec94175cfbf9fe023e7698b6a97e3.jpg

That is a lot nicer than Cheryl's She Shed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JSR said:

That is a lot nicer than Cheryl's She Shed.

I was thinking about the She Shed commercial the whole time. LoL

Any specifics on how you exhausted the portable AC? I have a portable AC I’d like to move back and forth between 2 garages and thinking an exhaust vent in each garage would make it easier.

Based on some research of others cooling containers and the concept of hot air rising, I put the AC unit as far and high from the door as I could on a secure stand. A 6 inch hole saw identically matched the accordian-style hose that came with the unit. I drilled the hole to line things up, sealed the hose and added a gable vent to the outside. If a picture would really help let me know.

A window unit and especially a mini split would be more efficient but this setup is most secure and works well enough for now. If I utilized this space more often or had more valuable items inside of it I would just bite the bullet and go with the mini split. 

• Like 2

No that makes perfect sense...I also have a window unit I might put in one of the garages, but no window and it’s wide enough I’d probably have to cut through a stud to install it through the wall. Just thinking through my options...

No doubt they are better but it was an extra $1k+ at the time. I'll start saving for when the portable dies!

On 7/22/2020 at 9:46 PM, HyNoon said:

Did you do the insulation yourself? 

Sorry I missed this. No, I bought it insulated.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HyNoon said:

Thanks , I bought a connex and need to insulate it. So I was just curious what everyone is using .....

A5AEC620-729E-481D-986F-03048DF9486B.jpeg

• Thanks 1