Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Lifetime licsense!

I for got about the lifetime license You can buy at 62 + for $296 . I am 63 now and just a month ago bought my Hunt and fish for this year, Dammit. .This is for Az. Res . only. I will go buy it this spring as I am pretty much done working in 4 months and gonna play snow bird  and go back to Youngstown ,Ohio for 4-5 months and try to get back with the Wife. We have been separated for 4 years now but get along great. I visit twice a year and all is cool. I just don't wanna live in the Crap back East. Being pretty much retired it is very cheap housing back there as there are no jobs. She likes the change of seasons and Winter I hate the cold. So I told Her we will see how things go but I wanna play snowbird even if it has to be a mobile home or big travel trailer out here  in winter. I think if all goes well I can get Her back her full time eventually. She lived here 35 years and knows its beautiful. I was on the prowl for 3+ years and never found a keeper. I know what I have in Her and just have to devote more time to her. I grew up 90 miles away from Her in Erie ,Pa and have 2 younger sisters still there and cousins. She has lotta family back there and only 1 sister here that she is not that close with.  I wouldn't mid being a snow bird . Worked outside in Summers here since 1977. I can take the heat but if You can get out of ,You may as well. Just in case I would stay back there I want that life time lic. so I can allways be put in the resident draw. First gotta work 4 months and Spring Turkey Hunt then head out. Just don't know what to take, or put stuff in storage or pay to leave it here at Roomates house. I think He would like the storage $. I don't know what storage costs here. Thanks for reading My story ,It was intended to be fore lifetime licenses. any one over 62 I think its worth it..........BOB!

• Like 2

Forgot ,Our 3 Kids are all over now,  From N. Carolina to Illinois and one in California. So they can come visit or we can do some Travelling.............BOB!

In AZ once you hit 70 and if you have been a resident for 25 years you qualify for a Pioneer license that covers a hunting and fishing license at no cost. Bob your 63 now and your license is good for another year making you 64. A lifetime hunting license is 296.00. If the cost stays the same at 37.00 a year for 6 years you would pay 222.00, until you could qualify for a Pioneer license. I don't know about you, but I rather have a couple of bucks than give it to the state.

I moved to N. Dakota for 4 years in 2011 to work in oil field when construction was bad here. So I might not Qualify ,even tho I been here since 1977, I was gone for 4 years. We will see how Summer goes. Thanks a lot ,I didn't think about that. I might get to use it a long time. Mom lived to 88 and Dad to 98 ,He just passed in March. I just have to eat better and get exercise. Got the Genes!............BOB!

13 hours ago, naturebob said:

I will go buy it this spring as I am pretty much done working in 4 months and gonna play snow bird  and go back to Youngstown ,Ohio for 4-5 months and try to get back with the Wife. We have been separated for 4 years now but get along great. 

I hope you work things out, Bob.

Your story sounds very much what my grandfather went through when he moved here in 1959 with my parents. My grandmother didn't want to leave NJ and told him she would rather die there. He told her, "Fine, die there. I'm going to Arizona." So every year, her and my single uncle would come to AZ to visit for two weeks. Usually, grandpa and grandma would get into a fight and she would leave. Finally, after she had a stroke in the early 1970s, he moved back to NJ and stayed there until she died. Then my uncle and him moved back to AZ, where they both died. My grandfather was 94.  He had been my hunting partner in the 1960s & early 1970s. 

9 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

In AZ once you hit 70 and if you have been a resident for 25 years you qualify for a Pioneer license that covers a hunting and fishing license at no cost. Bob your 63 now and your license is good for another year making you 64. A lifetime hunting license is 296.00. If the cost stays the same at 37.00 a year for 6 years you would pay 222.00, until you could qualify for a Pioneer license. I don't know about you, but I rather have a couple of bucks than give it to the state.

I have one of those for almost 10 years now. It's a nice perk for us old codgers. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 10Turkeys said:

If Bob were to stay in Arizona, yes. I don’t believe the Pioneer license would help him in regards to the 10 percent non-resident cap. If he moves, the Lifetime license is a no brainer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, naturebob said:

I moved to N. Dakota for 4 years in 2011 to work in oil field when construction was bad here. So I might not Qualify ,even tho I been here since 1977, I was gone for 4 years. We will see how Summer goes. Thanks a lot ,I didn't think about that. I might get to use it a long time. Mom lived to 88 and Dad to 98 ,He just passed in March. I just have to eat better and get exercise. Got the Genes!............BOB!

I believe you are correct, you no longer qualify for the pioneer license.  You have to be 70 years old and have been an AZ resident for 25 consecutive years.  

• Like 1

Good Luck Bob.  I hope you and your wife have a happy life. 

My Mother was from Youngstown and Stuebenville.  Her family moved to AZ around 1953 or so.

• Like 1

A Lifetime License is never a bad idea.  Good luck to you Bob!  Wish you all the best man.

• Like 1

Yep ,I'm gonna grab one in may before I leave.. Might be back soon ,but I know I will be back someday. Matter of when. If I end up out of State for a while I will just put in for Trophy hunts and I have 27 points for sheep, 14 antelope ,only 4 for Elk,2 Deer, 5 Turkey.........BOB!

On 1/3/2020 at 6:34 PM, naturebob said:

Forgot ,Our 3 Kids are all over now,  From N. Carolina to Illinois and one in California. So they can come visit or we can do some Travelling.............BOB!

Good luck on the reunion. 

• Like 1