WhtMtnHunter

What requirements to be considered a HAM pistol?

23 hours ago, azhamill said:

I used my AR- pistol last year

Just curious...did you run that 'handgun' by any AGFD people for legality, or did you just decide on your own that it meets the AGFD definition of a handgun with the brace on it? 

I've spoke with G&F and was told any AR with a brace is legal.  

• Like 1

If ATF considers it a pistol...who cares what G&F thinks... that's a slam dunk in court.

I can picture it in my mind now....

G&F Attorney - "Your honor, we dont agree with the ATF description of a handgun, can we throw their description out..."

Judge - laughing....

• Like 2

Wow.  I can’t believe all the pushback on this!!  Hunters have enough enemies the way it goes.  We don’t need them internally.  If it’s legal it’s legal.  Let them hunt.  

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Wow.  I can’t believe all the pushback on this!!  Hunters have enough enemies the way it goes.  We don’t need them internally.  If it’s legal it’s legal.  Let them hunt.  

Exactly 

I’ve just never pictured a handgun hunt as an ar with a shorter barrel, that’s all. If it’s legal it’s legal. But let’s be honest,that’s not a handgun....

I wish G$F would throw in iron sighted straight wall cartridge lever actions for the HAM hunts. But I guess that is what the general hunts are for.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, trophyseeker said:

Just curious...did you run that 'handgun' by any AGFD people for legality, or did you just decide on your own that it meets the AGFD definition of a handgun with the brace on it? 

Yep sure did

I was stopped during last years HAM hunt by AZGFD and he loooked at my dead pig and 300 blackout AR handgun.  Did not mention anything about it.  I try to encourage anyone who builds AR's to just buy an SBA3 brace and then you can essentially build an SBR without the FED hassle.  They make great truck guns in the event a coyote shows himself..

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

...1864 PA hunting enthusiasts are outraged by new tactics being employed during the state's Pistol Only Squirrel Season.....

More than one and a half centuries later, the debate rages on....H3925-L95648002.jpg.8e5dccbac34340c93824fee9bb9c5c81.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Edge said:

...1864 PA hunting enthusiasts are outraged by new tactics being employed during the state's Pistol Only Squirrel Season.....

More than one and a half centuries later, the debate rages on....H3925-L95648002.jpg.8e5dccbac34340c93824fee9bb9c5c81.jpg

Globe front sight?!?  These guys aren’t even giving the animals a chance anymore!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2020 at 5:38 PM, HuntHarder said:

I was stopped during last years HAM hunt by AZGFD and he loooked at my dead pig and 300 blackout AR handgun.  Did not mention anything about it.  I try to encourage anyone who builds AR's to just buy an SBA3 brace and then you can essentially build an SBR without the FED hassle.  They make great truck guns in the event a coyote shows himself..

Think there is a big difference between the .223 and the .300?