Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Colt Python is Back!!!

I told my son's that Colt Pythons were like fraternities.  The only people who say anything negative about them are the people who never owned one or were in one. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jdown said:

I was there from 92-03 (The Sportsman in the Pete Shepley days) and then Az Sportsmans when Glen and Shirley bought the then 3 stores in 93 from Pete (mesa, phx, and Glendale) then closed the West store and eventually opened the North store and bought the 2 Jensens stores in Tucson and eventually Shooters World.  I managed the Camelback store for a year or two and then the Mesa store for 3 before I got out as the big boys were coming in and there was no way Glen was going to be able to last. I did a lot of the buying and ordering so  Lots of shot shows and other buying shows along with rep and warehouse interactions and always enjoyed the products and customers.  I still keep in touch with a few reps as well and started prostaffing for Vista outdoors the last 4-5 years and now with Savage since Vista sold them.  I can't get industry out of my blood.   

I was at the Camelback store in '01 and again in '02 I believe it was. Glen was the owner when i was there. I worked with Chuck and Bob B. and Dave H. Was the manager of that store for at least 1 of my tours. 

Fred Cronk was my manager, RIP, he was a good man that went too early.  I also worked with Chuck and Bob B as well as Ted Lange, John Flaherty and Terry toward the end.  Terry is now my go to at Sportsmans warehouse as he is a wealth of knowledge and also a great coworker.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HuntHarder said:

Fred Cronk was my manager, RIP, he was a good man that went too early.  I also worked with Chuck and Bob B as well as Ted Lange, John Flaherty and Terry toward the end.  Terry is now my go to at Sportsmans warehouse as he is a wealth of knowledge and also a great coworker.  

Fred was awesome. I heard that him and Chuck have both passed now. I knew Chuck since I was a little kid when my Dad and I frequented the Camelback store. 

I went to the CC store occasionally, so I bet we crossed paths. 

Fast forward to the 30:00 minute mark to see the issues Curtis Reed is describing. 

4 hours ago, Curtis Reed said:

Problems with the new Pythons... cylinder stops spinning. A few documented cases online.  Hickok45 had it happen to him in recent video. Staaaaaaay away from Colt

Now everyone with an original just had the value increase because the new ones suck, and only the originals will be the good ones...

• Like 4

Crazy that Colt would put out a Python that is anything but top notch.  Clearly they know the value of the older models and why they are so sought after.  I think lots of companies now a days, put out new items with not enough testing.  They are in such a rush to make profit on the time they have invested in products, that they forego longevity testing.  

40 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

Now everyone with an original just had the value increase because the new ones suck, and only the originals will be the good ones...

Imagine paying $172,000 for this! 😮

1DE172D2-BAA4-4B04-9B6D-37DF89DE61F5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1