Sign in to follow this  
ctafoya

Savage stock

I'm looking to upgrade my savage model 16 300WSM. I haven't had much luck finding a wide verity of stocks out there. Almost everything I have seen is for bottom metal, I have a blind mag. I did find a bell and Carlson $400 with bottom metal that claims I can convert from a blind, but I'm not so sure it will work. I don't like the color, but I'm assuming I can just repaint it. Any thoughts if this will work or is worth it? Any other options I should be looking at?

Capture.PNG.edc0d0b8f34f517b4ce6501cd246f2f5.PNGCapture1.PNG.e033dbafb5ef6fa3c973aae18e43fb64.PNGCapture2.PNG.73430bdf73a552b28765c3a0bbb473c9.PNG

Look on Bell and Carlson's site they have one available for blind magazine in a few colors and and several for dbm.

As long as you have a center feed style action this should work fine. The only issue maybe if you have a top/side bolt release or a bottom bolt release. This particular stock looks to be set up for the top/side version. 

The rifle is center feed and top release. 

So I wanted some more options then just the bling mag options. I was able to find stainless bottom metal to match my action and barrel. I just order a Bell and Carlson target stock, and have a new VX 5HD to top it off. 

Thanks for everyone's input. I'll post up some pictures when everything is complete. 

Been a while since I posted this. The VX5 nice but I wanted a little more on it. After this years coues hunt I'm going to look at rebarreling and a break. 

IMG_0423.JPG

• Like 1