Sign in to follow this  
curtis25

custom flintlock muzzleloade .54 pictures added

rifle has a siler lock davis triggers its got a hand carved full lenth walnut stock it has a 32" 1 in 70 .54 barrel its 11/8"across the flats its been shot at most 20 times it likes 80grns of ff goex powder so far rifle was made for the western nationals I can text you pictures thanks

Guys, 

I have been building custom flintlock rifles for over 20 years.  They are works of art and feel 'right' when placed in your hands.  They also have the ability to put some "romance" back into the hunt.  There is just something about being afoot with a flintlock rifle and knowing you are pursuing game just as it was done 300 years ago.  With today's prices, the pieces (stock, barrel, lock & other furniture) alone for such a rifle would cost $850 or so - depending on the type of wood chosen.  I spend nearly 160 hours of handwork on each rifle - more if extra carving or inlays are specified by the buyer.  If you want to see some custom rifles, take a look here: https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/487/1.  Pay special attention to the prices.

Curtis25, perhaps a picture or two would be worth a thousand words.

56 minutes ago, azsugarbear said:

Guys, 

I have been building custom flintlock rifles for over 20 years.  They are works of art and feel 'right' when placed in your hands.  They also have the ability to put some "romance" back into the hunt.  There is just something about being afoot with a flintlock rifle and knowing you are pursuing game just as it was done 300 years ago.  With today's prices, the pieces (stock, barrel, lock & other furniture) alone for such a rifle would cost $850 or so - depending on the type of wood chosen.  I spend nearly 160 hours of handwork on each rifle - more if extra carving or inlays are specified by the buyer.  If you want to see some custom rifles, take a look here: https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/487/1.  Pay special attention to the prices.

Did you build this rifle?

Nope.  I have no idea who made this rifle.  And to the best of my knowledge, I have never met curtis25.  I just know a little bit about custom muzzleloaders.  Haven't seen this particular rifle, but if I were in the market for a custom, the price alone would make me want to have a closer look at it.  Curtis25 could probably tell you more.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, azsugarbear said:

Guys, 

Gotta agree. Chose to hunt big game and upland bird this winter with an old sidelock.  Found out I need more practice, but what a hoot.

1 hour ago, curtis25 said:

Pictures added

Beautiful

On 1/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, azsugarbear said:

Guys, 

Did you know a man named Pappy Sulfulk that built custom flintlock rifles? He lived in the Phoenix area and moved to Canelo when I was in high school. He moved away and I haven't heard anything about him for years. His work was amazing.

Sorry, but I haven't heard that name before.  Lots of builders out there - but let's keep our posts focused on  Curtis25's flintlock for sale.  Be happy to continue in PM.

I have not heard of him this rifle was made by a man named geeto he builds 1 or 2 a year mostly 1 I have a pan charger flints and priming and powder horns to go with it and a pound of ff and ffff powder to go with it thanks all