Sign in to follow this  
clarktar

Mule Deer 33/37B

52 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

I would have stayed in 33

I might head back. But it's nice to see the country and get more Intel for the next time. 

Haven't seen another Hunter all morning up here which is nice. But only 3 does in a big area. 

Keep after it.  It only takes one brief encounter to turn a frustrating boring day into one that you’ll never forget.  My first archery mule deer took me fourteen days and more messed up stalks than I can remember before it all came together.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

Keep after it.  It only takes one brief encounter to turn a frustrating boring day into one that you’ll never forget.  My first archery mule deer took me fourteen days and more messed up stalks than I can remember before it all came together.

Can’t kill them from the couch. Keep after it. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Can’t kill them from the couch. Keep after it. 

Very true.  Followed up the next year with my first coues.  That one cost me 9 days.  Turns out I’m not a very good stalker so I had no choice but to keep logging days til I found one stupid enough that even I could get close to them ;)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mattys281 said:

Very true.  Followed up the next year with my first coues.  That one cost me 9 days.  Turns out I’m not a very good stalker so I had no choice but to keep logging days til I found one stupid enough that even I could get close to them ;)

I'm looking for a stupid one for sure. Only turned up a couple does in 22 so far. If I don't glass up anything else this evening I guess it's back to the shadeless, hot, pressure of 33! 😁

7 hours ago, mattys281 said:

On the road to 33 now . I know, some of you told me so.

Anyone know if this cooler weather typically increases rut activity? I'm hoping all the does I was seeing start getting hot and lure in more bucks. 

I fly back to WA Sunday so I'm hoping I can get it done I a few days!

4 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

I’m jealous. Keep at it dude.

Don't be to jealous. I'm more of a Buffon in the desert. I hail from the rainforest, even have miss on my back to prove it. So I am completely out of my element. 

3 hours ago, clarktar said:

Anyone know if this cooler weather typically increases rut activity? I'm hoping all the does I was seeing start getting hot and lure in more bucks. 

Well, the rut activity is full swing!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clarktar said:

Well, the rut activity is full swing!