Sign in to follow this  
Vbraley

zooming in with iPhone 10 and Phoneskope.

I have a iPhone 10 and the appropriate PhoneSkope adapter, When I start to zoom in on the phone, I get to about 3X and the screen goes black.  I was able to go thru the entire range of zoom one time then always fails now?  any suggestions or settings I need to change in my phone?  Thanks.....

It’s because the phone is switching to the other lens after 2x. This other lens not being aligned in the phoneskope so it shows black.

Get the phoneskope app and it will allow you to chose the lens it uses and overrides the phone from switching lenses on you. Good luck!

• Like 2

I noticed the same problem with the iPhone X this season. I ended up just taking video zoomed in, then screen shot to get a still pic but that was it. After I got home I played around with it and it seems like if you zoom in, then move the phone so it’s not looking down the Binos anymore, then slide it back in line with the Binos it works. I don’t phone skope I just hold my phone to the Binos. Hopefully this helps. I wish I’d known before so I could have some nice pics of some deer now...