Mathews

Possibly taking one in a trade

Anyone have a guess on it’s value? 

CE87349C-C2E0-4C79-9E9F-46055E6EE583.jpeg

9E22B252-7659-425E-87C5-6A8DA8AECFD6.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Vowell said:

$60–$120

Oh gross I was hoping $3-400

Hex receiver worth more than round.  I'll give $175 to $200 depending on condition and if it is original, not sporterized. Truthfully, there were a bunch that were recently imported and they were asking around $325 and up. Cabela's has some in kind of rough condition and they are asking for your first born, around $400. Search internet for current sales, not asking, including GunB.....

4 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Hex receiver worth more than round.  I'll give $175 to $200 depending on condition and if it is original, not sporterized. Truthfully, there were a bunch that were recently imported and they were asking around $325 and up. Cabela's has some in kind of rough condition and they are asking for your first born, around $400. Search internet for current sales, not asking, including GunB.....

“Yea it is I’m on my way home from work. It’s a 9130 hex reciever from I believe 1939 so before the war. Has some markings on it that from what my research has told me it may have been used in the Russian dragoon regiment. But I had a shop do the improved trigger mod and the accuracy kit. Also did a rubber but stock and have the tool kit for it and beyonet”

this is the only info I have on it right now 

Back 20 years ago they were $50 to $75 all day long. I like them but you have to be careful with closing the bolt with ammo feeding correctly. If you rush or slam the bolt shut, on rare occasion, the bolt can hit the primer if the round is jammed at an angle. Brass casing pieces fly out of the receiver, bolt is slammed backwards breaking the bolt, magazine blown and stretched, and stock typically cracks. Receiver and barrel do not typically get hurt. 

One guy had it by his stomach when he quick slammed the bolt open and then closed, but not. He had to have emergency surgery to remove the brass and repair his belly area, stomach and intestines, etc. Lucky to be alive. I saw the gun and have pictures of it saved some where. The brass was the clue that it never entered into the chamber very much.

Theoretically, I guess it could occur with other Mauser style actions. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hex more desirable. Sporterization hurts depending on how much. Bayonets plentiful and cheap. Matching numbers a plus.

2 minutes ago, Boarman03 said:

Hex more desirable. Sporterization hurts depending on how much. Bayonets plentiful and cheap. Matching numbers a plus.

Sounding like it’s not worth what I was hoping, thanks for the insight 

Hex to me $225 maybe $250 with matching numbers. Others may pay as high as $400. Your gun.

Kick like a mile. Fist time I shot one I didn't hold it tight to my shoulder. Nice bruise for awhile.

Just now, Boarman03 said:

Hex to me $225 maybe $250 with matching numbers. Others may pay as high as $400. Your gun.

Kick like a mile. Fist time I shot one I didn't hold it tight to my shoulder. Nice bruise for awhile.

What do you mean by matching numbers exactly? Are you interested in buying it?

1 hour ago, Mathews said:

What do you mean by matching numbers exactly? Are you interested in buying it?

Do the serial numbers on the individual parts match. Bolt and action most importantly but all should match to add value. A way of confirming that it is all original, not pieced together.