Sign in to follow this  
Gringo

WMAT Turkey hunt

Looking for a hunting partner!

I'm going to book one of these hunts for this spring.  Looks like a 2 bird package, can be split between 2 hunters.   If someone wants to get on the wagon and go hunting in April, let me know.

Get Marty Gatewood as a guide if possible and you will kill!  He's an awesome hunter and a super nice guy.

31 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

$1700 for two merriams?? What else comes with it?

I would hope a 1 oz gold bar.

Drive to New Mexico and shoot two birds for under $250.

• Like 5

I'm going to New Mexico. Well worth it if your into it. Turkeys happen to be one of my favorite. I have 4 of the 5 Species. Only lacking the Osceolla. Was going to Fla. to get it this year but gonna wait 1 more. No way I pay 1700 $ for the Rez . They can keep there birds. I wait in unit 1 and call them over the fence...........BOB!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, naturebob said:

I'm going to New Mexico. Well worth it if your into it. Turkeys happen to be one of my favorite. I have 4 of the 5 Species. Only lacking the Osceolla. Was going to Fla. to get it this year but gonna wait 1 more. No way I pay 1700 $ for the Rez . They can keep there birds. I wait in unit 1 and call them over the fence...........BOB!

Believe it or not I’m with you on this one. I wouldn’t give em a dime. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, naturebob said:

I grew up in NM.  I'm game to go, if you need a partner. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

That’s far for a dang turkey 

For me, it isn't about the Turkey.  It's about a few days hunting, during an awesome time of the year, in a pretty dang cool place.

It's the experience, not the prize....

• Like 2