Sign in to follow this  
AZ_SAWBUCK

What’s the deal with Hoyt

Dudley jumped ship and signed on with PSE. Anyone know why? Doesn’t make much sense to me why a legend like John who has been beating the Hoyt drum for so long would switch....... seems like a bad move by Hoyt? 

Ive heard other grumblings that other archers have been dropped as well..... anyone have facts? 

Just like 88 said money money money.

I've known many pro guys and girls that can shoot any big name bow just as good as the bow there sponsored by. it has nothing to do with the bow.

• Like 2

I always thought HOYT was just a big name that made you cool to have one or gave you some ego. As time went on I hardly hear of people shooting them compared to all the others out there now. 

Hoytes still pretty popular in the indoor and outdoor target world, They make great bows no doubt, but so does a bunch of others. over the last 10 years archery has come a long way.

I would say there the number one selling for indoor and outdoor target bows, as well as recurves for targets. mainly its a name thing cause they were the 1st kinda to go for everything. meaning targets hunting 3d recurves all different draw lengths and weights etc etc. they pretty much covered all there bases which put more bows out there than anyone else. There name is huge and its world wide has always been.

PSE has been out there for probably just as long, but back in the day they were just an average archery rig nothing special kinda liek the walmart of bows, They have come a long way in technology over the last 15 years and hitting the target circuit really hard, they make some great bows as well. there not the walmart of bows anymore they have a bit of class to them.

I'm still a bowtech fan why cause I like there bows and the people that run the company, plus my daughter used to shoot for them and talked me into getting into archery again about 12 years ago which was before she officially shot for them. while she was home for Christmas she was talking about starting to shoot again but has to wait till she gets into fleet as she is in aircraft schooling now and doesnt have time.

almost everyday for 8 years I was down at the archery shop with her 3-4 times a month for competitions and once a week for money leagues. for every non named bow bought I saw 20-30 hoyts bought maybe closer to 50. at the vegas shoots easy 500 hoyts to 1 non hoyte

Target/3d shooting is HUGE more than hunting with archery. in AZ you will see alot of different bows for hunters one most hunters go for cheaper lines like PSE, and bowtechs sister company Diamond which are sold everywhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Again just going off what my buddies say that shoot bows and have tried many different brands. 

Ive shot them all. I liked the bowtech experiance better than anything out there at the time.  mainly for feel kinda like a shotgun it fit me perfectly. a freind a few years back got into archery hunting he had me help him set up his hoyte I shot it and wow, if it was still lookin for a bow I would have bought that. Its the funky looking carbon one thats looks like branches (cant remember the name) it was smoother than my experiance and allot smoother than the one hoyte made just 4 or 5 years prior(whih was the same model). just over time things change.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:33 PM, Delw said:

Just like 88 said money money money.

I've known many pro guys and girls that can shoot any big name bow just as good as the bow there sponsored by. it has nothing to do with the bow.

You are spot on. I've witnessed many times a "pro staff" for say Mathews go on a hunt. They will pack 2 bows on the hunt, 1 to shoot with, and 1 to take pics with. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it. After the first one it became a big joke with us. 

1 minute ago, Nikki.AWHounds said:

You are spot on. I've witnessed many times a "pro staff" for say Mathews go on a hunt. They will pack 2 bows on the hunt, 1 to shoot with, and 1 to take pics with. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw it. After the first one it became a big joke with us. 

I didn’t know they did that. That’s crazy.