roninflag

horses in elk unit

Just now, muledeerarea33? said:

Lots of the horses in the 3’s are horses that people couldn’t afford and take care of. Just like feral dogs and cats in the cities. They should be trapped and sterilized. Population control is a good thing.

All from the Rez? Tell me that. 

3 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Yes and my horses. Cattle eat grass, trees, and weeds. Horses won’t touch weeds. Cattle are way harder on the land dude. 

The cattle at my place only eat what they want. Lots of weeds are left standing.

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Explain it to me cuz you’re not making any sense 

the horses in the 3s escaped during the rodeo fire for the most part

Cattle were brought in. Horses were here first traveling through and ended here. 

1 minute ago, muledeerarea33? said:

The cattle at my place only eat what they want. Lots of weeds are left standing.

How often are they fed hay? How big of an area they in? 

Never fed hay, cow calf operation. 45k acres.

I can bet my butt they are eating weeds in there And anything else in front of their heads. Just cause you see them doesn’t mean they aren’t. 

I can’t even keep up with the responses here. I know you have and love horses but if you could no longer take care of them and no one would buy them and no rescue would take them. would you shoot them or let them loose?

• Like 3

I can’t even keep up with the responses here. I know you have and love horses but if you could no longer take care of them and no one would buy them and no rescue would take them. would you shoot them or let them loose?

They are my problem and my responsibility so I’d handle that my way and not put on someone else. All I’m saying is cattle tear more chit up and are harder on stuff than horses.