mc68

Changes

4 hours ago, Heat said:

Word on the street is that Thorpe has pulled the Bills from consideration.  My real question is who put him up to this.  Its good to know your enemy.  Something to think about before the election in November, especially if he is your Representative.  We don't need this California RINO doing business in the State Capital if you ask me.

He is a dingbat

4 hours ago, Heat said:

Word on the street is that Thorpe has pulled the Bills from consideration.  My real question is who put him up to this.  Its good to know your enemy.  Something to think about before the election in November, especially if he is your Representative.  We don't need this California RINO doing business in the State Capital if you ask me.

My buddy (who lobbies here in the state) said it was being introduced based on lobbying by Coconino County ranchers.  No names given, so can't confirm/verify, but he's pretty connected in to the legislative scene here in the state, and I suspect he knows what he's talking about....

6 hours ago, mc68 said:

When I saw these bills I was surprised by the one dealing with hunting near waterholes, and don’t see how it would be enforced.

I think it just suggests to anyone seeing a camera or blind near water that they can cut it down or remove it because it's not legal.

I read he is running for a different office since his term limits in the House are up, maybe his new next role has more sway over these things? Hope not.

On 1/15/2020 at 7:30 PM, PRDATR said:

Yes but so many are right next to a road.

Next to a road and driving in a circle two feet from the water around the dam and tank are two different scenarios.  And you all know this.

1 hour ago, 520HUNT said:

We need to find out which ranchers were pushing this... we need to know whose gates to leave open!

Yup, that's just what we need. Then the ranchers can simply post "No Trespassing" signs for the entire ranch in response because of the idiots who leave gates open. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trophyseeker said:

Yup, that's just what we need. Then the ranchers can simply post "No Trespassing" signs for the entire ranch in response because of the idiots who leave gates open. 

If I cant hunt my tree stand on waterhole, who cares if he posts it No Trespassing... I guess I could go and just sit at water hole and watch birds

4 hours ago, bonecollector said:

He pulled it because he consulted with G&F. You can bet on the dept coming up with another type of ban during their rule making period coming up soon. 

I received the following today via email as a reply to the one I had sent him (in red below) and posted here earlier.

Rep. Bob Thorpe Will Not Run HB2130 and HB2131

STATE CAPITOL, PHOENIX – Representative Bob Thorpe (R-6) today announced that he will not be running HB 2130 (G&F; trail cameras; use; limits) and HB 2131(G&F; unlawful activities; penalty).

According to Representative Thorpe, after conferring with the Arizona Game and Fish Commission, he determined it would be much better for the Commission to address these issues through their rule-making and public engagement process, then for the Legislature to enact in state law.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Thorpe,  

As written, it appears HB2031 would eliminate all hunting, including waterfowl, within 100 yds. of nearly every lake in the state since they are all "man-made." And if someone owns a house or cabin within a 100 yds. of a lake or other man-made watering "facility," they won't be able to field dress doves, quail, etc. at home. 

Although HB2030 isn't near as bad, it contains ambiguous and vague language such as "...or alters the manner in which wildlife accesses a water source." What is the normal "manner" in the way wildlife accesses a water source?  

Tony Mandile 
Glendale, AZ

• Like 4

On 1/17/2020 at 9:05 AM, AZLance said:

If I cant hunt my tree stand on waterhole, who cares if he posts it No Trespassing... I guess I could go and just sit at water hole and watch birds

Makes no sense, but that's normal for you. Also appears as if you're not only trying to achieve dickhead status, but we can also count you among the idiots who skirt the laws, right? Probably why you still haven't answered this from another thread: Sounds as if you have some experience on the other side of the fence?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Makes no sense, but that's normal for you. Also appears as if you're not only trying to achieve dickhead status, but we can also count you among the idiots who skirt the laws, right? Probably why you still haven't answered this from another thread: Sounds as if you have some experience on the other side of the fence?

Lots of experience arresting those on the wrong side of the fence

I worked with him, good dude

• Like 3

I think the commonality of both of these bills are hunter success. Archery hunters sitting water are affective. I don’t buy the rancher bit. G&F needs revenue 

On a side note. Bucks will still come in after a quad drives a water tank. No reason to get worked up over.

lastly,

cattle will lay on a tank all dang day! Lazy bastards and I think this will hold up wildlife from watering.

• Like 2

On a side note driving offroad because you are to lazy to get off your scooter and walk is not legal in most areas. 

• Like 1

G&F dont like the proliferation of cameras used for hunting for profit.  Expect them to take another shot at it during the next rulemaking.