AZBull

Which scope?

Lance is right about the lower power 3-3.5X minimum power scopes. I've been with buddies hunting thickets with a 5-6X min power scope, only to have them not be able to acquire a moving target at close range. A 3-3.5 x minimum will allow you to get on target fast at closer ranges, although many buyers today are going for the 5-6X minimum higher power scopes. Typically 1x per hundred yards max is nominally appropriate for most hunting/sniping applications. 

• Like 1

Just got a leupold 3-18x44 mark 5HD and put it on my 300 Resized_20200126_161345.thumb.jpeg.0679e834259846cbc7c52072096460ba.jpegWM. just got done with a new paint job as well. 

Resized_20200123_174428.jpeg

That is probably going to be the scope I get. I have always been a Leupold fan...plus I can get a pretty good deal with them. I wish nightforce had something to offer 

14 minutes ago, lancetkenyon said:

NF NX8 2.5-20x50?  

NIB on discount from CS Tactical.  Richard is the MAN.

https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/open-box-nightforce-optics-nx8-2-5-20x50mm-f1-mil-c-c623-for-1-775-00.6983576/

This.  That is a heck of a scope for that money.  Way more scope then you’ll get in a leupold for very little more.  Also consider the resale.  Leupold, vortex, and certainly bushnell and Burris will be tough to resell if you ever have to.  I also agree on the power decision.  I’ve seen a lot of game missed or wounded because it was close and the lowest power was 5 or 6.  I’ve never seen someone miss because they didn’t have enough power with a 15 or 20 power top end.  

Check with nightforce directly on their first responder / military discount. I am in the process of picking up a New NX8 4-32x50 for less than the price of the nightforce mentioned above. I was also told that there is no tax on the purchase unless you live in I believe ID.  Night force is also on ExpertVoice. If you haven’t already sign up with them. It’s 35% off msrp on NF and 40% off Vortex. There are other optics companies on EV as well. 

Unfortunately I can honestly say that I hate a lot of you guys. I went way over my budget. My wife is pissed but at least I’ll have a scope that will outlive us  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AZBull said:

Unfortunately I can honestly say that I hate a lot of you guys. I went way over my budget. My wife is pissed but at least I’ll have a scope that will outlive us  

Well.  What’d ya get?!?

18 minutes ago, AZBull said:

Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56 with the MOAR Reticle 

787E8095-B57D-4725-991B-EDF02E31DE69.jpeg

D0AFBEB8-D759-41B8-B285-A94C8B4206FD.jpeg

But vortex has the best warranty😊