Roboz

18B Javelina and camping

Pretty excited for this week. I'm taking my son who is 25 on his first javelina hunt starting Thursday. We finally managed to get a few days off together so i cant wait to see him as i live in St George, UT and he lives in Phoenix and works as a park ranger so he doesn't get much time off on the weekends. 

I have hunted them several times in 24B and 23 but never 18B so it should be interesting learning a new area, couple of questions for you 18B guys, we are thinking of setting up camp off of the burro creek crossing / signal road. Are there a fair amount of spots to set up camp or are we better off looking to camp somewhere else? Also how has everyone else done this year for the archery hunt?

There's plenty of camping in those areas along the main road. I have not hunted archery in there but we took some back on the youth hunt. If you have onx send me your number and I will send you a pin where we saw alot of sign back in November. My grandsons took a couple on the youth hunt. I have not hunted the archery season in 18b so don't know how current the information will be but there was alot of them in there back then.    

• Like 2

Thanks jim that is super nice of you. i will pm you my number for the on x.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:01 PM, jim said:

There's plenty of camping in those areas along the main road. I have not hunted archery in there but we took some back on the youth hunt. If you have onx send me your number and I will send you a pin where we saw alot of sign back in November. My grandsons took a couple on the youth hunt. I have not hunted the archery season in 18b so don't know how current the information will be but there was alot of them in there back then.    

Jim, just wanted to see if you got my message? i dont show me sending anything to you on my message board but it said sent 🤷‍♂️