Bill@roofer

Scallops

They taste like dirt and are sandy gritty from Mexico. The ones from Alaska are unbeatable .  giving my Grandparents a Surprise 75th wedding anniversary. We all ready had prices quoted from Joe's crab shack . of over 12000. Crap!!!! I can feed 10 families for a year on that . probably go to auction and bye a couple hogs and a nice fat steer and pit all the meet . that's CHEAPER and easier. My grandma just loves scallops . should turn out to be more of a family reunion then a wedding anniversary. 75 years is along time . I sure wish I could find someone I would spend 75 years with. 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

Round trip non stop to anchorage $269 

If that's the case just a one-way ticket . my 7mag and my crossbow and I'm staying

• Like 3

Costco has good ones for around $20lb. Bought some a few weeks ago and they were fantastic

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bill@roofer said:

They taste like dirt and are sandy gritty from Mexico. The ones from Alaska are unbeatable .  giving my Grandparents a Surprise 75th wedding anniversary. We all ready had prices quoted from Joe's crab shack . of over 12000. Crap!!!! I can feed 10 families for a year on that . probably go to auction and bye a couple hogs and a nice fat steer and pit all the meet . that's CHEAPER and easier. My grandma just loves scallops . should turn out to be more of a family reunion then a wedding anniversary. 75 years is along time . I sure wish I could find someone I would spend 75 years with. 

My step daughter will be auctioning off a steer in April for 4h....

• Like 1

County fair??? That a good idea could get a couple hogs too. I use to do that in FFA. tax right off two. Anniversary is end of may

2 minutes ago, Bill@roofer said:

County fair??? That a good idea could get a couple hogs too. I use to do that in FFA. tax right off two. Anniversary is end of may

Yes sir. There will be plenty of hogs there as well.

We are down in Pima County.

12 hours ago, Bill@roofer said:

Not sure what the regular price is but Sprouts had the Alaskan sea scallops on sale a couple weeks ago for less than $15 per lb. We bought 2 lbs. and they were excellent. Also, you might give Lam's a call. Not sure they carry the Alaskan ones, but it's worth a try.  Costco also has them, but they're about $20 there.