Sign in to follow this  
dustin25

I know it’s a long shot...

Just an update, I found him a couple days ago still alive, but he was in Pretty bad shape.even took video of him. There were lion tracks following his after I hit him, I have no idea how he could’ve shook a lion but he did. Must be the toughest deer in southern az. Was able to get within 100 yards before I lost him in the mesquites.Still can’t see how he can make it very long, but he’s proven me very wrong to this point. Pretty crappy feeling to be responsible for wounding any buck like that, especially a big Old Buck like him, 105”+.All I can do is learn from my mistakes and try not to let this happen again,but I do realize this can be a part of bow hunting. maybe he’ll prove me wrong again and I can try for him next season, but I doubt it.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, dustin25 said:

Just an update, I found him a couple days ago still alive, but he was in Pretty bad shape.even took video of him. There were lion tracks following his after I hit him, I have no idea how he could’ve shook a lion but he did. Must be the toughest deer in southern az. Was able to get within 100 yards before I lost him in the mesquites.Still can’t see how he can make it very long, but he’s proven me very wrong to this point. Pretty crappy feeling to be responsible for wounding any buck like that, especially a big Old Buck like him, 105”+.All I can do is learn from my mistakes and try not to let this happen again,but I do realize this can be a part of bow hunting. maybe he’ll prove me wrong again and I can try for him next season, but I doubt it.

Welp, it happens.  Don’t beat yourself up over it.  It sounds like you did what you could.