Coues Archer

Big Coues Buck Hit! Need help....

Agree with Bojangles. 

We just had a lion bury the carcass of the deer we took. Look around the base of trees close by for mounds. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:35 AM, Lazy-H98 said:

+1.  Loss of blood such as this will cause game to feel the sensation of dehydration/thirst, and subsequently head to water.  Best of luck to you.  You mentioned Shwacker, what grain and what is the draw weight of your bow, just curious?

It’s 70lb Mathews no cam with a gold tip hunter pro 100 grain swhacker. Arrow length 27.5”

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 9:09 PM, Coues Archer said:

It’s 70lb Mathews no cam with a gold tip hunter pro 100 grain swhacker. Arrow length 27.5”

My buck did not bleed at all but I got both lungs. And the blood the did spill at the initial shot looked identical. The only reason I found him is cause I walked the wash I thought he ran down. He was about 250-300 yards downhill from where I shot him. Good luck

On 1/16/2020 at 1:05 PM, Coues Archer said:

Hello my fellow coues experts. I had a question regarding a coues buck I recently shot. He was 73 yards and I shot him what looked like to be behind his arm pit. As soon as the arrow hit him he bucked and took off like a bat out of heck!!! Seen the arrow stick out of his cavity as he went on a strait death run. I seen him crash in some brush about 200 yards away. I got so happy because I thought it was a wrap! I gave him an hour before I started tracking, But I didn’t feel good so I backed out and came back in the morning. The blood trail was sparse as it gave decent drops of blood about every 5 yards or so. Once the trail got about 250 it virtually stopped completely. Below is a picture of some of the aftermath that was left from where I last saw him fall. From the picture below can you guys tell me where exactly I hit this buck? 

7C637E90-E288-4778-803C-6B8C2B9E2AAC.jpeg

Any news??

• Like 3