pkita99

Unit 9 thoughts?

Recently moved to Flagstaff from Tempe and wanted to get opinions on hunting deer in unit 9. I usually hunt unit 8 and know that unit pretty well but it is kinda far out there and looking for something a bit closer to home that I could do day/afternoon trips to. From my initial OnX scouting the unit seems like it definitely viable for glassing and such but maybe there is something there I am not aware of. With that said I usually hunt archery. 

I know people get their panties in bunch here so to be clear I'm not looking to get details on your favorite hunting spot, just honest option if it is worth investing time and effort into getting to know a new unit or if I should just stick with 8 and suck up the drive and distance.

Also if anyone out of Flagstaff is interested in a hunting partner or even just shoot some bow hit me up. New to the area and know hardly anyone here.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Not terribly familiar with unit 9 but I would absolutely encourage you to go into Bull Basin there in Flag for answers / info on both of your queries.

My $0.02 

• Like 1

9 does not offer a lot of grassing opportunities for Mulies, in my opinion.

• Like 1

The biggest deer I have ever seen alive in person was in unit 8.