Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Batteries Plus X2 Extreme are on sale

FYI,

I had Sears Die Hard Platinum AGM batteries in my truck since May of 2013 but they were at 11.98 VDC yesterday so I ordered these. They are pricey but they are the same as the Die Hards and I got 6 1/2 years out of those. 

They still cranked it over but were weak and were barely hanging on. They are 20% off if you order online and pick them up at the store and also have a $30 rebate. The Group 65 have 930CCA. I like AGM's because they are sealed and there isn't any off gassing to corrode terminals.

You are talking about the X2 Power sold at Batteries + Bulbs, right?

If so, these are great batteries with a full 5 year replacement.

I bought one last September and paid $260 AR and discount (I think mine was 15%).

If you can get this battery for an even better price, then I'd jump on it.

Eddie

I have heard that Pepboys is going to stop carrying them, but I have had great luck with there Bosch AGM batteries in multiple vehicles including my Dodge Cummins. 4 yr free replacement, and when I bought mine I used a 25% off online coupon. They were under $400 for the pair. 

The Bosch AGM is made by Exide. It is stamped in the bottom of the case. 

Don't buy Optima anymore. They are junk. Way back they used to be great, but suck now. 

13 hours ago, Hoss50 said:

I have heard that Pepboys is going to stop carrying them, but I have had great luck with there Bosch AGM batteries in multiple vehicles including my Dodge Cummins. 4 yr free replacement, and when I bought mine I used a 25% off online coupon. They were under $400 for the pair. 

The Bosch AGM is made by Exide. It is stamped in the bottom of the case. 

Don't buy Optima anymore. They are junk. Way back they used to be great, but suck now. 

After Optima was bought by JCI they started putting less pure lead in them and the warranty was changed too. Still I was able to buy them straight from JCI as an employee for $55 for the Red Tops and $65 for the Blue Tops back around 2002. JCI sold the battery division last year to Clario.

I went and bought two of the X2's and swapped them out in the parking lot and doing so I realized they had the exact same molded case as the old Die Hards.