Sign in to follow this  
BassSlayer

Fishing at ROSY

Any reports?  Was going to do a trip this Thursday but might push it out a week with all the snow we just got.  Probably going to be muddy for awhile...

2 minutes ago, twistzz said:

Any reports?  Was going to do a trip this Thursday but might push it out a week with all the snow we just got.  Probably going to be muddy for awhile...

my buddy was there day before yesterday said it was slow he caught a few 

Thanks was going to camp four nights the weather looks much better the following week plus the water temps should be up.  Snowed most of the day here in Show Low.  What a great winter/spring opener lol  Lake will be full might even be water in the windy hill parking lot again :)

srp is showing roosy less than 3ft from spilling.  tough go from shore.  going to greer river res on tuesday instead.  hard to get info but a lady w lazy trout said river res is not full but everything else is.

i don't know much about spring fishing-always out horn hunting.

lee

1 hour ago, biglakejake said:

srp is showing roosy less than 3ft from spilling.  tough go from shore.  going to greer river res on tuesday instead.  hard to get info but a lady w lazy trout said river res is not full but everything else is.

i don't know much about spring fishing-always out horn hunting.

lee

Years ago we had a couple of GREAT days at River (and Bunch) throwing medium-small brown trout Rapalas.   😉

Love the spring fishing opportunities in the White Mountains!!

crazy fishing year for sure, we hit pleasant on Wed and it was super slow, water is really dirty which I havnt seen there in a long time. tactic change time. Water was 61 degrees and maybe 2 ft visability.

with the dirty water we are going to use the throw net next time. should be good for sneaking

I drove by Roosevelt today.  It looks like it has another 50’ to go before it reaches the top of the dam.  

2 minutes ago, Saguaro said:

I drove by Roosevelt today.  It looks like it has another 50’ to go before it reaches the top of the dam.  

It'll never get anywhere  near that. It is less than 3 vertical feet from being 100% full.

• Like 1

Going Thursday should be perfect hope there’s some clear water.  Ran the boat today good to go :)    Found this guy this am looking for sheds well my wife did lol She’s staying on the trails from now on just a gofer sunning himself

2B12A621-FB61-4F2B-ABA3-F1AA5923FDB5.jpeg

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

It'll never get anywhere  near that. It is less than 3 vertical feet from being 100% full.

Forgive my ignorance,  is 3 feet from full and the top of the dam 2 separate things? Like the spillway is the intended runoff and the top is like worse case scenario?

Yes , when it is full there is a spill way about 40' from the top , no the water doesn't flow over the top

• Like 1