Sign in to follow this  
joe hunter

Points for unit 1

14 hours ago, Heat said:

This is correct.  To add a little detail, 38% of the people with 8 Points were drawn in the bonus.  Without a doubt most if not all of these applicants were residents.  You had to have 11 to be in the 100% category.  Non-residents probably started dropping out at 10 points.  Given that I would say at least 8 maybe 9 this year for a resident to have a chance in the bonus pass.  Odds go up from there.

Thank you. Im going in with 7 this yr.

For a unit that’s a has been shot out, no more big bulls it sure takes a lot of points and a lot of years to draw it. Guess when I do draw it I’ll have it all to myself I mean not many guys are going to want to waste points on a worn out old little bull unit like 1...... right.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, joe hunter said:

For a unit that’s a has been shot out, no more big bulls it sure takes a lot of points and a lot of years to draw it. Guess when I do draw it I’ll have it all to myself I mean not many guys are going to want to waste points on a worn out old little bull unit like 1...... right.

More like every guy with a Diesel and a bugle will be chasing you're calls from miles away. Bugling and raking trees with their truck idling.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, idgaf said:

More like every guy with a Diesel and a bugle will be chasing you're calls from miles away. Bugling and raking trees with their truck idling.  

So what you're saying is, is that it's just like every other unit in the state.....  😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joe hunter said:

Because people camp at big lake and see elk so they know it’s decent enough. Plus most guys see a 320 and thinks it’s 350+

• Like 2

Spent 10 days on the 2019 archery hunt , the last time I was on the archery hunt was 2010 trough 2014 . I was amazed how the age class has dropped we saw a good amount of 300-320 class bulls and also found 2 maybe 3 bulls in that 350-360 range.. in the past we would have seen at least a few 360+ bulls or bigger . hopefully a few less tags will help that hunt get back closer to what it used to be. taking age class away from the equation its still a heck of a archery elk hunt from a bugling and numbers stand point.