Sign in to follow this  
newazhunter

Looking for 20 gauge Shotgun

Looking to get a 20 gauge shotgun for my son. We have an upcoming turkey hunt in May. Prefer Remington 870 but open to other options. Does anyone have any currently for sale?

I have a 20 gauge that currently has a slug barrel on it for deer hunting the thick stuff in the Midwest. I believe it's a Browning but I would have to double check for sure if you were interested. Located near Tucson. Otherwise I have an 870 n 12 gauge and a Browning that is basically the exact model in case you're not totally decided on a 20 gauge.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, broadhead said:

I have a 20 gauge that currently has a slug barrel on it for deer hunting the thick stuff in the Midwest. I believe it's a Browning but I would have to double check for sure if you were interested. Located near Tucson. Otherwise I have an 870 n 12 gauge and a Browning that is basically the exact model in case you're not totally decided on a 20 gauge.

Thanks. I think I need a 20 gauge for him, since he's only every shot a .22 rifle. He's 6'2", but not much meat on him yet. 

• Like 1

I have a new, un-fired Remington 11-87 Sportsman Compact 20 gauge I would sell.  It has synthetic youth model butt stock but includes the spacers to increase the LOP.  IIRC the barrel is 21" and I have some new extra chokes to go with it.  I have the lock, plug, manual etc.  (in north Phoenix)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, merwin said:

I have a new, un-fired Remington 11-87 Sportsman Compact 20 gauge I would sell.  It has synthetic youth model butt stock but includes the spacers to increase the LOP.  IIRC the barrel is 21" and I have some new extra chokes to go with it.  I have the lock, plug, manual etc.  (in north Phoenix)

That would be a great gun. I have rem lt-20's for wife and kids with 21" & a 23" I think? 🤷‍♂️ barrels but had to cut stocks down. I didn't know they had a 1187 with stock like that with spacers that is cool. I know a few cheaper brands have it.

• Like 1

my savage 24D combo gun has a 22 mag barrel and a 20 gauge barrel. my first gun. it has accounted for a lot of game coyote, fox, several turkey. including a big goulds . it kicks substantially more than my 12 gauge auto.  those remingtons mentioned above sound nice,.

• Like 1

Does the Ben Avery Clay center still have rental shotguns?  That would offer an inexpensive opportunity for the young man to try out a gun or two.