Sign in to follow this  
Edge

Quarterhorse mare for sale

If you're looking for a been there, done that kinda horse, look no more. 16306.thumb.jpeg.07d64c227f75cb0070791183036898c1.jpeg

Zazzy is a 9 year old grade quarterhorse mare standing 14.2hh.

She has been trained in cutting, sorting, trails, packing and running barrels. Her first time in the arena running barrels recently she did a 19 second run, fourth place in the jackpot. She reins so well, she'd be perfect at gymkhana.16315.thumb.jpeg.0803e46efd364c7a4430692df0cc853a.jpegFB_IMG_1579916713204.thumb.jpg.0cbfe3a0762291303237145430f17f5d.jpgThat's her on the left.FB_IMG_1579916666379.jpg.11151d2be947ce8300f1fcc623632aae.jpgThat's her in back. Message me with a phone number and I can send videos.

$2800

• Like 2

Last chance for CWT members wanting a seasoned, sane and sound mount...

Have a probable buyer test riding next weekend. 

Free bump with a question

How much weight can a horse like this comfortably pack up or down a mountain on trails? Not including the harnesses/saddle

From someone who knows nothing about pack horses.

1 hour ago, WHALE said:

Free bump with a question

How much weight can a horse like this comfortably pack up or down a mountain on trails? Not including the harnesses/saddle

From someone who knows nothing about pack horses.

A sound, fit horse like this can do 25-30 miles in a day with 1/3 their body weight with rider. I'd put a 1/4 dead weight on. 

Zazzy is a Poco Quixote bred cutting horse, which are light, agile animals. Neck reins, spins, slides.. I estimate her around 800lbs. This horse has excellent confirmation.

image003_zpsfb6c8e66.jpg.76691276d3c01a6470abafd40c75a514.jpg

• Like 1

We went to Helzapoppin this weekend in Buckeye, and my 2.5 year old granddaughter took my face in her hands, and said with the sweetest voice and biggest smile, "Papa Koolaid (my nickname), will you buy me a horse?"

I looked back at my daughter behind me, and she was nodding her head furiously.....

They set me up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lancetkenyon said:

We went to Helzapoppin this weekend in Buckeye, and my 2.5 year old granddaughter took my face in her hands, and said with the sweetest voice and biggest smile, "Papa Koolaid (my nickname), will you buy me a horse?"

I looked back at my daughter behind me, and she was nodding her head furiously.....

They set me up.

My Sis has like 20 horses and my baby girl now 21yrs old got me the same way back when she was maybe 3ish? She showed for years and years and loved it. Her horse was a retired (Champion made lots of $ for prior owner) reigning, cutting and mounted shooting horse so bomb proof for kidlets. It was good to give her a bit of how I was raised. 

Good luck with the sale Edge I forwared your post to some horse people.

• Like 1

Where are you located.  And would you consider her to be a beginner horse.  My little baby turns 10 in March,  wife and I are leaning towards a horse for her.   Crazy I know. 

1 hour ago, grey curse said:

Where are you located.  And would you consider her to be a beginner horse.  My little baby turns 10 in March,  wife and I are leaning towards a horse for her.   Crazy I know. 

We are north of Surprise.

Folks are asking why we're selling animals, saddles, etc... We just have too many.

Not crazy to introduce a 10 year old to horsemanship, perfect age to get knowledgeable guidance from an instructor in equine care, tacking and riding. But an older horse is generally best for training a youngster.

Zazzy is a performance oriented horse, sensitive to the touch and any miscues could result in some unexpected, rapid movements.

Putting a novice rider of any age on a performance horse is not a safe option.

But if you're on the west side of the valley and would like to introduce your girl or yourself to horses, please pm me. Come out, meet some horses and take a ride under controlled, safe and supervised guidance. Hope to hear from ya.

Thank you

• Like 4