Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Kobe Bryant farewell

Just heard the terrible news about Kobe's helicopter crash. Rest in peace to him and those on board..

• Like 4

Yeah that sucks

My heart goes out to the family, but all the praise being heaped on the "man" (only in physiology) is a tough pill for me to swallow today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

My heart goes out to the family, but all the praise being heaped on the "man" (only in physiology) is a tough pill for me to swallow today. 

So what  is that supposed to mean Sean? Dumb it down for me.

3 hours ago, rossislider said:

Agreed. 

• Like 1

Worse news, 30 Marines and one sailor dead after helo crash in iraq. My heart goes out to their families and I salute their willingness to go in harms way True Heroes.

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, AZAV8ER said:

Worse news, 30 Marines and one sailor dead after helo crash in iraq. My heart goes out to their families and I salute their willingness to go in harms way True Heroes.

That happened 15 years ago.  Doesn’t make it any less tragic, and it’s a shame that it likely got less media attention then Kobe, but it didn’t happen today.

https://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=16798

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PRDATR said:

So what  is that supposed to mean Sean? Dumb it down for me.

I believe he is a rapist who payed off his victim to keep her quiet. Many will say that he was never tried and convicted (innocent until proven guilty), but as someone who followed the events at the time, his story didn't pass the "sniff test". When you have his fame and wealth, trials rarely happen. I don't believe that he was an honorable or good person, and I am bothered that the bulk of society is in a rush to proclaim him a saint. 

• Like 6

Sad for sure. What about the ones who died on that flight that weren't famous? I guess they dont matter. This country needs a kick in the nuts. He was a basketball player. That's it. Why is this front page news? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Why is this front page news? 

Because he’s one of the best nba players of all time 

holy shoot the responses in this thread make me wonder why I’m considered an asshole here 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

I believe he is a rapist who payed off his victim to keep her quiet. Many will say that he was never tried and convicted (innocent until proven guilty), but as someone who followed the events at the time, his story didn't pass the "sniff test". When you have his fame and wealth, trials rarely happen. I don't believe that he was an honorable or good person, and I am bothered that the bulk of society is in a rush to proclaim him a saint. 

Did you read any of the details to that case?