Sign in to follow this  
wildwoody

Kobe Bryant farewell

IHere is my take on this.I watch sports for entertainment.I have the choice wether I want to watch or not.I choose to admire the players and coaches that I think are good  role models for my children and every other child.Here is a couple good role models.Herm Edwards(asu coach) David Robinson (old Spurs player, and Shaquille O'Neill.Bad sports role models Kobe,tiger woods.Has nothing to do with how they became later.When they were players,they were bad role models.With that said,I am always happy when I see someone turn there life around.Also it is always sad when anybody dies.Oh by the way I have made plenty of mistakes in my life and I am sure I have not always been a good role model.

52 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Saw they video of the crash, they hit hard..

No. Fake news. That crash was in Afghanistan....

Dudes on the ground couldn't see Kobe's chopper above them. Way too foggy. 

It hit hard but that video ain't it. Been debunked already....

You are correct , it was a different crash portrayed as his. Can't believe the internet.

Just now, stanley said:

Money buys happiness??  🙄

It definitely buys bows, rifles and hunts around the world... 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AZLance said:

It definitely buys bows, rifles and hunts around the world... 

Spoken like a true moral superior. I'm in awe of you. 

12 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Spoken like a true moral superior. I'm in awe of you. 

Notice I said buy...not steal like your dumb A$$

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Notice I said buy...not steal like your dumb A$$

You must be retarded.  Discounts aren't stealing. Sheesh.  

8 hours ago, Redman said:

He was more than a basketball player, inspired millions of people - he also represented his country in the Olympics and won gold, that was a proud moment... 

He wasn't even old enough sign his contract when he entered the NBA, was rightfully immature for the first stage of his career , but he grew into a role model, incrdible work ethic, father figure, business owner, dude spoke like 5 languages, helped many.... i could go on and on....  

If he was "just a basketball player" what are the rest of us?    Who should the country morn for?   Inspire me with your life story 

I stand corrected. I don't follow basket ball so I only know him by name. I was not aware of everything else he did. It was not my intention to dump on him. The point I was trying to make is that the news is so full of celebrity BS that does not matter. Every time some celebrity or athlete says something on twitter or posts a picture on Instagram it seems like its front page news. Its all too much of a distraction from whats really going on in the world today. 

• Like 6

Sure Kobe has his faults like any human does, but he loved his country.

watch his interview, that just gets me liking him even more and sad he, his daughter and the other 7 people died. 

so many athletes trash USA - he embraced it and called it out! RIP 

https://www.westernjournal.com/wake-tragic-death-video-patriotic-kobe-resurfaces-countrys-best/

it sucks 9 people died dont care who they are someone loved them. putting people on a pedestal like the media does is silly.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AZLance said:

Call it what you want...a five finger discount 

As long as we call it a discount. 

I personally thought the guy was a P.O.S. when the rape thing 1st came out. but after a ton of years who do you believe?. definitely NOT the media, you cant trust Him or the lady that said she was raped as history shows thanks to the #metoo movement things arent like they seem.  Only 2 people know what happened him and the lady that accused him.

but here is something I can say he seemed like a really decent Man from the clips I have seen on Tucker on fox news yesterday and today about him. He Spent alot of time with his kids and his Family. he even went to church(not that it matters if it was church or a movie) with His Kid that morning before the got killed.   Thats kinda opposite what A self absorbed person would do , dont ya think.

• Like 3