Dadof3

Can’t wait to take my kids hunting

If you really want to take them hunting on a regular basis , remember our lowly javelina hunts when the application period is open in October.  Many a kid  got their hands bloody for the first time on these easy to draw , plentiful critters.  Good luck and enjoy hunting with your kids!  Don't rule out small game either.  I drug my poor dad out so many Saturday and Sunday mornings to shoot dove when I was a kid. Looking back, he never got to sleep in on a weekend during the fall. Great fun.

• Like 2

Dadof3, I just checked the regs. For out of state, Youth license is $5. Adult elk tag is $665, youth is $65. Adult deer is $315 and youth is $40. I'll tell you what. I have not put in yet. I'll let you put your kids in with my kids on our apps. Out of state tags are capped at 10% this way your kids will have the same odds as my kids and it really wont negatively effect my kids odds too much. I have 4 kids this year so I know at least elk is going in the freezer.  You just Zelle me the costs of the licenses and tags. Here's my cell 520-227-6720 shoot me a text and we can chat later today. 

18 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Dadof3, I just checked the regs. For out of state, Youth license is $5. Adult elk tag is $665, youth is $65. Adult deer is $315 and youth is $40. I'll tell you what. I have not put in yet. I'll let you put your kids in with my kids on our apps. Out of state tags are capped at 10% this way your kids will have the same odds as my kids and it really wont negatively effect my kids odds too much. I have 4 kids this year so I know at least elk is going in the freezer.  You just Zelle me the costs of the licenses and tags. Here's my cell 520-227-6720 shoot me a text and we can chat later today. 

I’m probably confused but if there is one nonresident on the app the entire app is considered nonresident.   But antlerless and limited opp hunts do not have a 10% cap on nonresidents.  

1 minute ago, Northern Pintail said:

I’m probably confused but if there is one nonresident on the app the entire app is considered nonresident.   But antlerless and limited opp hunts do not have a 10% cap on nonresidents.  

I didnt think that was the case, but I never had a reason to need to know it.  Can someone clarify?  The one area I thought there was no cap was for hunts that have leftover tags like southern unit deer hunts.  

Well sorry dadof3, Just got off the phone with Dave who runs the youth camp. I would get capped at the 10% which I dont wanna do.  That being said still shoot me a text and we can discuss some other options.  

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

I didnt think that was the case, but I never had a reason to need to know it.  Can someone clarify?  The one area I thought there was no cap was for hunts that have leftover tags like southern unit deer hunts.  

In a previous forum a week ago it was mentioned that the 10% cap does not apply to antlerless elk hunts and limited opportunity hunts.  It does apply for all bull or any elk hunts.  I knew it didn’t apply for limited opp but the antlerless was knew to me

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Well sorry dadof3, Just got off the phone with Dave who runs the youth camp. I would get capped at the 10% which I dont wanna do.  That being said still shoot me a text and we can discuss some other options.  

This info from Dave is incorrect.   No 10% cap on antlerless hunts 

2 hours ago, Northern Pintail said:

R12-4-114-e-2

Thanks for the response.  It appears you are correct. Something I did not know. Always good to learn something.  20200201_145922.thumb.jpg.bcfe17afee0cf9090ffebe3a02c37d94.jpg

On 1/31/2020 at 4:12 PM, 5guyshunting said:

There are not enough youth tags. Put the kids in for general hunts the odds are better.

Someone may have already pointed this out, but if his kids draw general cow hunts they will pay the full non-resident price of $600+ for a cow tag.  If a non-resident youth draws on an actual youth hunt the price is only $2 more than a resident youth.

1 hour ago, 1uglydude said:

Someone may have already pointed this out, but if his kids draw general cow hunts they will pay the full non-resident price of $600+ for a cow tag.  If a non-resident youth draws on an actual youth hunt the price is only $2 more than a resident youth.

I get that. I was thinking what i did with my kids. Forgot the point that he is almost out of America.😊