IA Born

Truck Tool Box: North Valley

My wife and kids gave me money for Christmas to get a tool box for my truck.  I'm looking for a low-profile crossover tool box for the back of my truck.  DeeZee is one the comes to mind because I grew up with them in Iowa (like their Red Label pull handle).  I'm open to other suggestions that are in the ~$500 range, but good/great quality.  I went in to a local dealer here in Flagstaff, found a couple of options that I liked and they were supposed to call me back a day or two later.  That was a month ago.  By my own admission, I also forgot about it until recently.  I'm going to try again with them, but I'm also wanting to know if anyone here can recommend a reputable place that's worth the round trip drive, having called to talk to them first about what I want and prices.

I'll give you one, its been sitting in the garage for like 15 years its pretty much brand spanking new. in the truck it sat under a tonue cover (sp) its chrome diamond plate if I recall. its under a bunch of shoot right now. I can have kid since he is here for the weekend pull it out. I'll see if I can get a pic of it tomorrow if your interested

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Delw said:

I'll give you one, its been sitting in the garage for like 15 years its pretty much brand spanking new. in the truck it sat under a tonue cover (sp) its chrome diamond plate if I recall. its under a bunch of shoot right now. I can have kid since he is here for the weekend pull it out. I'll see if I can get a pic of it tomorrow if your interested

That's a great offer

It works.  I have a full set of Weatherguard on my work truck.  Cross box and side rail boxes.  I work on a LOT of mountaintop sites, with miles and miles of dirt roads.  I have never noticed dust on my tools.  Even when driving through that moon powder dust for miles.

• Like 2

On 1/31/2020 at 5:44 PM, lancetkenyon said:

Weatherguard hands down

I've looked at them.  They are a little over my budget, but if you have good ones to recommend in my budget, I'm all ears.  You know I trust your judgement!  Any shops to call in your neck of the woods?

On 1/31/2020 at 6:25 PM, Delw said:

If its a low-profile crossover (bed rail to bed rail) and will fit a 2018 Ram 2500, I'd definitely like to see pics!

Thanks for the recommendations on brands.  Can anyone recommend a shop in the north valley to contact?

Home Depot online.

White Cap on 19th & Deer Valley

Grainger on 19th & Rose Garden

Might want to call them before you come down.  I doubt they keep everything in stock.

• Like 1

Thanks, Lance!  I've been meaning to text you this question.  I'm definitely calling first to make sure they can get what I want and that the drive is worth it.

Many thanks!!

• Like 1