trphyhntr

Crappie

in 2018 we caught so many perch in North Dakota it was crazy.  I think we ate perch and walleye for 5 days straight.  If you missed the hook set, 50% of the time you'd still snag a different perch in the belly.  I wish we still had them here, when I was a kid, we caught some @ Stoneman, but it dried up probably 10-15 years ago and I haven't caught another in this state.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HuntHarder said:

in 2018 we caught so many perch in North Dakota it was crazy.  I think we ate perch and walleye for 5 days straight.  If you missed the hook set, 50% of the time you'd still snag a different perch in the belly.  I wish we still had them here, when I was a kid, we caught some @ Stoneman, but it dried up probably 10-15 years ago and I haven't caught another in this state.  

We fished Lake Erie a lot growing up with umbrella rigs. We’d pulled them up 2 at a time 

• Like 1

My buddies in ND absolutely slay the perch during ice fishing season.  The pics I get, make me want to go back there in the winter even tho it is colder than witch's tit.  Their Ice fishing shacks look amazing.  I have never done it, but I imagine I would get addicted if I did.  

• Like 1

Drive up here to Durango and we'll catch a bunch of perch through the ice.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HuntHarder said:

My buddies in ND absolutely slay the perch during ice fishing season.  The pics I get, make me want to go back there in the winter even tho it is colder than witch's tit.  Their Ice fishing shacks look amazing.  I have never done it, but I imagine I would get addicted if I did.  

I’m from South Dakota, my buddy has a big ice house with a 50” tv hooked up to his aqua vue cam, (like everyone does) it looks like a blast. 

49 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

I might go to cascade lake Idaho and fish for jumbo perch. But seems like that bite is a little tricky. Probably have to get a guide 

Ya, from the bank especially. ...

• Confused 1

On 2/4/2020 at 8:24 PM, wildwoody said:

There's perch in lake marry

The one caught last year was a foot long and over a pound. Big for AZ.

I have 7 days booked at alamo in march.  Cant wait.  Been doing spring break there for 30 years, started with my pops.  love it.  Just got a new to me boat so really excited to go again.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, thegunsmith2506 said:

What is a good size perch? I took my boy out last fall and we caught a bunch that were about 8-10 long. I released them all because I thought they were too small to cook.

It depends back in South Dakota we only keep the nice size ones , if I catch any perch here I keep them. We used to go to one of the Greer lakes and hammer tiny perch. We kept them. Takes a lot to make a meal but worth it 

• Like 2