trphyhntr

Crappie

On 2/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, trphyhntr said:

It depends back in South Dakota we only keep the nice size ones , if I catch any perch here I keep them. We used to go to one of the Greer lakes and hammer tiny perch. We kept them. Takes a lot to make a meal but worth it 

Did you make it to alamo

3 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

This weekend? Your boat, my fuel?

sorry, gotta go north this weekend.  ...plus no me entiendes...... we'd have to take a translator.  LOL.   Dust off that bow fishing rig, March is wide open  for me as once I get back from MX next week.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:58 PM, trphyhntr said:

I’m from South Dakota, my buddy has a big ice house with a 50” tv hooked up to his aqua vue cam, (like everyone does) it looks like a blast. 

Where in SD are you from?  My parents are both from there.  Big catholic families so I have family in every corner.  
Side note, the ice fishing has been slow this year in ND for some reason.  Mild winter but that usually makes it better.  Gonna try for some perch and walleye on a lake we have on our farm this weekend and see if we can’t fire em up a bit.  

12 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

Where in SD are you from?  My parents are both from there.  Big catholic families so I have family in every corner.  
Side note, the ice fishing has been slow this year in ND for some reason.  Mild winter but that usually makes it better.  Gonna try for some perch and walleye on a lake we have on our farm this weekend and see if we can’t fire em up a bit.  

4th generation, Brookings South Dakota. Heck yeah dude that should be fun. I see it’s suppose to be a balmy 35 in brookings Friday, hopefully your town in ND is in that heat wave. 

Just now, trphyhntr said:

4th generation, Brookings South Dakota. Heck yeah dude that should be fun. I see it’s suppose to be a balmy 35 in brookings Friday, hopefully your town in ND is in that heat wave. 

Spent a lot of nights partying in Brookings with my cousins at SDSU.  Smallest big college town around.   I’m in NW ND.  We have almost zero snow so it’s supposed to be 47 Saturday.  I’ll be back at the farm in central ND so it’ll be cooler as they’ve got a foot or so of snow on the level but still plenty nice to sit out on a bucket.  Just dump the beer out on the ice and it stays perfect all day.  I’ll post pics if we find em.  

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 2:02 PM, trphyhntr said:

Nah it’s like 4.5 hours from me I think.  I better wait till they get on beds since I’ll be bank fishing. 

Where do you live. I’m in the west valley and it’s 2hrs 

I was looking on Arizona crappy association and it looks like is not happening yet in the past we’ve done pretty good on the beds in April

My dad always said that when the Palo Verde's are in bloom its time to go catch crappie.

He used to do pretty good at San Carlos and Bartlett using that indicator.

Back in the day Roosevelt was a nationally known crappie lake and when they raised the dam they said it would be world class.  Not only didnt get better it got worse.  Add in USFS Tonto putting in boat ramps that dont reach the water.  Too many campsites way away from the water some of them have never been used and have been vandalized.  🚽

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

Back in the day Roosevelt was a nationally known crappie lake and when they raised the dam they said it would be world class.  Not only didnt get better it got worse.  Add in USFS Tonto putting in boat ramps that dont reach the water.  Too many campsites way away from the water some of them have never been used and have been vandalized.  🚽

Who are 'they' and how in the heck do you wake up so dang happy every day? 

3 hours ago, oz31p said:

Where do you live. I’m in the west valley and it’s 2hrs 

I was looking on Arizona crappy association and it looks like is not happening yet in the past we’ve done pretty good on the beds in April

is that all? im in east mesa.