trphyhntr

Crappie

1 hour ago, ThomC said:

Back in the day Roosevelt was a nationally known crappie lake and when they raised the dam they said it would be world class.  Not only didnt get better it got worse.  Add in USFS Tonto putting in boat ramps that dont reach the water.  Too many campsites way away from the water some of them have never been used and have been vandalized.  🚽

i think the saddest thing ive read was art chamberlains crappie reports from roosevelt. especially when it was easy limits at SC 

8 hours ago, trphyhntr said:

is that all? im in east mesa.

I could be wrong but that seems too long. But then again from the west side I can be at windy hill faster 

50 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I could be wrong but that seems too long. But then again from the west side I can be at windy hill faster 

I was just thinking it doesn’t look that much closer than havasu and it takes me a long time to get there. All good though if the bites on it’s worth it 

Went on the ice today looking for some black crappie that are supposedly in this lake, but couldn't find any.

20200222_151949.jpg

• Like 5

He was a fun fight on tiny tackle.

On 2/22/2020 at 5:33 PM, brademan76 said:

Went on the ice today looking for some black crappie that are supposedly in this lake, but couldn't find any.

20200222_151949.jpg

where'd you find yellow perch?  Haven't seen  those since I fished with my Grandpa in Maine as a kid.  Used to catch white perch too, they got bigger and dayum good eating.

SW Colorado.

just watched a video.  it appeared that the fellow caught 2 rainbows over 20" below chevelon canyon dam.  fish like that below the dam is intriguing.  chevelon is running bank to bank over the spillway.

this is a monster storm coming it looks like-3" for gila county.  if that really happens it will finish off roosevelt capacity and cause releases into the dry salt river.

lee 

• Like 1

The spill way at chevelon has always been great when it over flows, used to be no limit and bait was allowed. Lots of 5 to 10lbs caught.

• Like 1

went to Chevlon Crossing this weekend, the creek is moving big time. Saw some guy wading it while fly fishing.  Overly optimistic in my book. Quite the snow storm on the drive up the rim  Friday afternoon.

Any one been to Alamo?

NOTAGS, or anyone 

have you ever fished Chevelon Canyon near McLaws Road?

1 hour ago, Saguaro said:

NOTAGS, or anyone 

have you ever fished Chevelon Canyon near McLaws Road?

sunfish, smallish largemouth and some channel cats.  mormon crossing dam is downstream from the bridge about a half mile and the remaining impoundment is full of trash and 3ft at the deepest.  a lady friend in a kayak said the same things about the cliff areas under the bridge.

good luck,

lee