trphyhntr

Crappie

me and my dad always went to san carlos, i havent fished roosevelt for crappies much. i was always under the impression that it kinda sucked for crappies compared to san carlos. 

On 4/23/2020 at 2:24 PM, trphyhntr said:

me and my dad always went to san carlos, i havent fished roosevelt for crappies much. i was always under the impression that it kinda sucked for crappies compared to san carlos. 

Roosevelt 2 decades ago was as good as anywhere in the west I'd have to imagine. I went to San Carlos for the first time 2 years ago when no other lakes were producing and I was amazed at the crappie there, especially considering the lake was empty less than 2 years prior. I remember my first day marking fish all the way up to the inlet. Cool lake, special place, maybe it was better Roosevelt all those years? Anyway, tight lines on dem papermouths.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, CouesPursuit said:

Azcrappie.com has reports as well as FB.

I have caught 150+ crappie in the last 3 weeks on the Tonto end of Roosevelt but none that exceeded 2+ lbs on my scale. Well over half of those were the recently stocked black-nose and were released for next year. 

If any cwt member wants details send me a note and I'll tell you everything I know. 

Come on let's have it.. Please, is it the old crappie those.

11 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Come on let's have it.. Please, is it the old crappie those.

I'm slow or you may have mistyped "those." If you meant "days," definitely not but a big leap of progress compared to anything since 2011ish.

Roosevelt filling this year after Florida-strain largemouth and Arkansas black-nose crappie stockings is a combination that I'm extremely excited to see how it plays out. Hopefully guys let those little black-nose back in the water this year, they fight like a big yellow bass and nothing like the typical black crappies. 

• Like 1

I need to get my butt on the lake and learn these things again. And yes I meant days, sorry

Heading to Alamo Sunday for 1 1/2 days of crappie and bass fishing. It’s going to be hot, fishing should be good 

I have caught 150+ crappie in the last 3 weeks on the Tonto end of Roosevelt but none that exceeded 2+ lbs on my scale. Well over half of those were the recently stocked black-nose and were released for next year. 

If any cwt member wants details send me a note and I'll tell you everything I know. 

It says you can't receive messages. 

Just got back from a 2 day camp trip upriver at Bartlett. Caught 20+ bass each day, dropshot off of points and craw colored cranks paralleling the banks. I was checked by a ranger in the cove on the right just past the no wake buoys (first time being checked in 30 years fishing AZ). Chatted with him for a bit, he stated people were doing really well with crappie trolling John Deere grubs tipped with minnows along the cliff walls upriver. Spoke to quite a few people in that area saying the same thing. Hope that helps.

• Like 2

It says you can't receive messages. 

4 hours ago, Roosevelt Mark said:

My neighbor tried to go out yesterday afternoon at Roosevelt but said not 1 parking spot at School House ramp.  He put the boat back on the trailer and went home. That's crazy. 

Only 5 cars at Indian point all day today 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:48 PM, Jeffdavison said:

We’ve managed to catch a few this year.

D5CB98EF-E2CA-4894-892C-C3A4F73A4591.jpeg

D927D5F4-0B8A-4CEF-9979-57F2A8999044.jpeg

513BA123-8112-4A78-8CE5-3672232C5C25.jpeg

C8CB3F08-2175-4E8D-93C5-4B10F7A22D54.jpeg

AECCB836-2617-42E1-92E3-4D552019EA21.jpeg

Nice fish, that male on the right in your 3 fish pic is about as good as they get 👍🏼👍🏼