Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

Another combining apps question

Assuming one applicant has 0 points and another has 3 would the computer round them down to 1 each  or up to 2 each or neither? I'm assuming it wouldn't give them a true 1.5 each so more then likely would be rounded down. Or does it still look at the app as a whole with 3?  Thanks

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Assuming one applicant has 0 points and another has 3 would the computer round them down to 1 each  or up to 2 each or neither? I'm assuming it wouldn't give them a true 1.5 each so more then likely would be rounded down. Or does it still look at the app as a whole with 3?  Thanks

Just do not allow anyone with less points to apply with you.

1 hour ago, wish2hunt said:

Just do not allow anyone with less points to apply with you.

Not gonna lie, that's great advice. Trying to help an out of staters kids get drawn.  The 2 kids of mine they will piggy back with are the ones ok with building points to work towards a bull tag so no worries on my end.  I just wanna see kids killin chit.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Not gonna lie, that's great advice. Trying to help an out of staters kids get drawn.  The 2 kids of mine they will piggy back with are the ones ok with building points to work towards a bull tag so no worries on my end.  I just wanna see kids killin chit.  

Yes, I like to see the kids hunting. My daughter got her pig yesterday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

Yeah but they will be thrown in the non res pool won’t they?

Only the NR will count against the NR quota. So if the hunt has 100 tags then there are 10 available for the hunt. No more than 5 of which can come from the bonus pass. So if 5 NR tags have already been issued during the bonus pass and your three person application is selected then none of the three would be issued tags.

Same goes in the regular pass. If 10 tags have already been issued to NR then your entire application would be rejected. This is not typically a concern on youth hunts because very few NR apply for them.

As far as the number of points it goes like this: 0 + 3 = 3 / 2 = 1.5 which rounds to 2.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Only the NR will count against the NR quota. So if the hunt has 100 tags then there are 10 available for the hunt. No more than 5 of which can come from the bonus pass. So if 5 NR tags have already been issued during the bonus pass and your three person application is selected then none of the three would be issued tags.

Same goes in the regular pass. If 10 tags have already been issued to NR then your entire application would be rejected. This is not typically a concern on youth hunts because very few NR apply for them.

As far as the number of points it goes like this: 0 + 3 = 3 / 2 = 1.5 which rounds to 2.

As mentioned earlier the kids being non-residents will not be held to the 10% cap if they put in for an antlerless elk hunt.

thats why I kicked my out of state buddy off our apps years ago..... " Points before Bros".

• Haha 1