Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

WTB AR Pistol lower

Anderson stripped lowers were $39.99 at Primary Arms. Palmetto lowers may not play nice with some uppers. I prefer Aero lowers with the screw adjustment to tighten the upper. David Beaty of the former Sun Devil Manufacturing invented and applied for a patent. Aero incorporates it in their lowers and have not been on sale like the Anderson's.

I would watch all of the known AR parts vendors as AR parts are pretty much at an all time low.

Primary had Anderson complete lowers not long ago for $109 each. Other sites had complete upper kits for $159 and less. Complete nitride BCG's were selling for $46.

These have nice handguards, even 16" long m-locks.

I built an 18" barreled 450 Bushmaster for under $350 that is shooting cloverleafs at 100 yards. Nikon Prostaff 5 scope and Burris mount prices not included in build price. Bought 6 of the Nikon's when they had a screaming deal last year, I think around $180 each, and I paid $63 for the Burris mounts, bought 6 as well on sale.

Whole complete gun was about $600, scopes, mounts, gun, sights, complete. 

Now for a 350 Legend and a 50 Beowulf.

9mm AR pistols are cheaper and 9mm is about the cheapest center fire ammo. But not great distance. 

SBR3 braces can be a little pricey, around $100.

AR's are definitely the Legos or Erector Sets of the gun industry. So many calibers can use the same 5.56/223 BCG, and same lower, and same magazine.

204 Ruger, 223/5.56, 22 Nosler, 300BO, 350 Legend.

Have fun

• Like 1

Are you wanting a Caliber and magazine specific pistol lower? All of the before mentioned come in pistol length barrels or cabinet/rifle length. There are magwell adapters for some common pistol rounds. 9mm comes in Glock or Colt.

SBR3 braces are nice because they can be changed easily to rifle stocks for barrels over 16". They adjust like rifle stocks and use the same buffer tube, unlike Kak Blades.

5.56/223 in pistol length (must have pistol brace to be legal, or registered as sbr) is a lot of fun to shoot as well.

Soooo, the real question is, Caliber and magazine specific or standard AR15 multical lower?

1 hour ago, Boarman03 said:

Anderson stripped lowers were $39.99 at Primary Arms. Palmetto lowers may not play nice with some uppers. I prefer Aero lowers with the screw adjustment to tighten the upper. David Beaty of the former Sun Devil Manufacturing invented and applied for a patent. Aero incorporates it in their lowers and have not been on sale like the Anderson's.

I would watch all of the known AR parts vendors as AR parts are pretty much at an all time low.

Primary had Anderson complete lowers not long ago for $109 each. Other sites had complete upper kits for $159 and less. Complete nitride BCG's were selling for $46.

These have nice handguards, even 16" long m-locks.

I built an 18" barreled 450 Bushmaster for under $350 that is shooting cloverleafs at 100 yards. Nikon Prostaff 5 scope and Burris mount prices not included in build price. Bought 6 of the Nikon's when they had a screaming deal last year, I think around $180 each, and I paid $63 for the Burris mounts, bought 6 as well on sale.

Whole complete gun was about $600, scopes, mounts, gun, sights, complete. 

Now for a 350 Legend and a 50 Beowulf.

9mm AR pistols are cheaper and 9mm is about the cheapest center fire ammo. But not great distance. 

SBR3 braces can be a little pricey, around $100.

AR's are definitely the Legos or Erector Sets of the gun industry. So many calibers can use the same 5.56/223 BCG, and same lower, and same magazine.

204 Ruger, 223/5.56, 22 Nosler, 300BO, 350 Legend.

Have fun

I just finished building an anderson yesterday. Garbage. The hole for the bolt catch was almost too big to hold the roll pin and it will not accept any magazine other than aluminum. spend a few extra bucks. 

• Like 1

Where did you buy it? Was it a Blem? I do prefer Aero lowers as I mentioned, but I've not encountered the problems you have with my many Anderson's. Any manufacturer can drop quality at any time, so your problems are good to know.

All plastic mags won't work? PMAGs as well? That would be frustrating. Is it the well or the mag release? You can adjust the mag release.

On the bolt catch could it have been an under sized pin? Did you use the right pin? The trigger guard pin can be different. Who's lower kit did you use? CMMG and DPMs are pretty consistent.

You may want an improved trigger assembly unless you polish your kit one really well.

May we all have fun.