Sign in to follow this  
LonePineOutdoors_AZ

WTS/WTT Ruger Precision Rifle RPR Gen 2 6.5CM (18029) - $999 OBO

If this needs to be modified to meet community standards, please let me know.

I am selling*, the following rifle only (with Mags, and box contents) for $999 OBO:

Ruger Precision Rifle Generation 2 (18029). Optic, rings, and bipod sold separately. Link to specs below:
https://ruger.com/products/precisionRifle/specSheets/18029.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am selling because I bought this for long range shooting shortly before getting into archery hunting. Between scouting and hunting, I don't have time to take this out as much as I wish.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did some ammo testing and put the rifle away. During brief testing, I was able to hold consistent sub 1/2" and occasional sub 1/4" groups at 100m with HSM ammo. I never had a chance to get it out past 1km but it will do work with the right load.
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Will consider trade (with cash offset, depending on items sold) for Swarovski 15x56 HD Binoculars
DM to discuss or make an offer. If you're interested in any of the other gear, it's listed below:

Other Items (not included with rifle)

Harris HBRMS Bipod (tilt, pan, sprung legs) $200 OBO
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H3TGPA4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vortex Precision Matched Ringes 34mm tube 1.45in Height $225 OBO
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-precision-matched-34mm-rings.html?vx_ring_height=927

Vortex Razor HD Gen 2 4.5-27x56 EBR-2C MRAD $2000 OBO
https://vortexoptics.com/catalog/product/view/id/990?vortex_reticle=23

Midway Pro Comp Gen 2 folding shooting mat. $75 OBO
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939342825

I also have loading components if interested (Lapua, Sierra MatchKing, etc).
For private sale in AZ:

Purchaser cannot be prohibited possessor, show state issue identification, and will need to sign Bill of Sale. 

IMG_20200204_211843.jpg

Be very careful shipping. Tons of scams. Even if payment clears it can still be bad and come back. So many fake cashier's and fraudulent personal payment methods. Be very careful.

• Like 1

Price is kinda up in the air. I don't need to sell it, but would rather take the funds and put it towards new glass.

@Boarman03 Thank you for the advice. I will pay attention to that.

@Flatlander I appreciate the offer, and it's a good start, but it'll need to come up a bit.

@rossislider What feeling is that? I'm the original owner with proof of purchase. Anything you can share as to why you have a 'hinky' feeling?

You are in Az and totally willing to meet face to face with buyer correct.? Then it sounds like you want ffl transfer of ownership.. ? 

Thanks

@hoghntrI am willing to meet face-to-face and prefer it. I figured this had a wide enough user base, someone may ask if I'd do FFL to FFL so I thought I would potentially accommodate that. I've since removed it from the ad, and will address it on an as need basis.

• Like 1

@SpotNStalk Thank you. I didn't see any guidelines, or mandates that I intro anywhere, so if I missed it, just let me know. I'm really here because I got bit by the coues bug. In the meantime though, I need to get something a little crisper than my Diamondback 10x42's I've had for a few years now, so hence this post.

From what I know there’s no guidelines/mandates on having so much time or posts before selling. Just a lot of funny business with scams and classified police on here. Maybe post up a story or some hunting pics to calm their nerves.  Don’t worry about it and good luck with the sell. 

free bump to the top 

4 hours ago, LonePineOutdoors_AZ said:

Price is kinda up in the air. I don't need to sell it, but would rather take the funds and put it towards new glass.

@Boarman03 Thank you for the advice. I will pay attention to that.

@Flatlander I appreciate the offer, and it's a good start, but it'll need to come up a bit.

@rossislider What feeling is that? I'm the original owner with proof of purchase. Anything you can share as to why you have a 'hinky' feeling?

I'm not bagging on your sale, but it just comes across as a bit suspicious when guys come in here selling stuff on their very first post, not listing prices, offering to ship firearms, then reposting an asking price that is at or above the price of new retail (depending on the dealer). Not saying it isn't legit, but it tends to raise a few red flags.

But I do like the rifle. Bought one a few years ago for my wife and daughter. They both love it. 

@SpotNStalk Thanks for the bump.

@rossislider Thanks for the feedback. I guess I've worked with firearms enough that it doesn't phase me. I'll be cognizant of that.

Regarding prices, the items have all sat in a safe, except for assembly and testing. I'm also listing the prices below most major retailers, and notating that I'll take offers. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. I'm glad you're wife and daughter like the rifle. Manageable recoil (if any), and a flat shooting round are why I bought it.

1 hour ago, LonePineOutdoors_AZ said:

@hoghntrI am willing to meet face-to-face and prefer it. I figured this had a wide enough user base, someone may ask if I'd do FFL to FFL so I thought I would potentially accommodate that. I've since removed it from the ad, and will address it on an as need basis.

I figured you were judging by your username I just thought I'd ask it would help ease the tension the post lol where are you located? I'm not intrested in buying I'm just helping you out clearly it sounds like you live somewhere cooler than I do in Arizona... 🌲🌲🌲