eom

Any ideas?

Found this out in the desert today has a tracking device couple USB’s and 4 go pro cameras attached 

643D1BFD-A787-4E4B-AE8E-C86E47351504.jpeg

Just a bunch of videos of this thing circling above the mountain I found it at, one video was of a group of people setting it up no names date/time anything written on it 

There was a tarp which appeared to have a ballon that was a about 100 feet away from this that’s what caught my attention

Some kind of weather tracking balloon?  Make sure the tracker is charged, maybe the owner will find you.  I'd post something on CL like go pros and GPS found. 

• Like 1

PRETTY ODD,,, Just reminded me I was out scouting for Javelina this year and found a side window out of an airplane!!!! small plane of some sort, it only broke into 3 pieces and still had the emergency push here stickers on it..it was in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 2

The tracker was still charged I left it there I’ll be back out next weekend and I’ll check if it’s been picked up or not

I used to launch balloons in the USAF, thousands of them. The rawinsonde looks like...2560.jpg.d6738e393cf36ab33ad4e4fcca0a9f66.jpg

What you have found is clearly swamp gas.u-s-air-force-aiacraft-identification-chart-weather-balloon-weather-balloon-43064518.png.277cbdb6c11815689d9df89aad9de223.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In the late 80sand early 90s, we probably found 5 of the balloons like Edge has shown.  One was plastic and the others had a styrofoam package with sensors and instruments inside.  All were in Prairie Dog country in Navajo and Apache counties. 

• Like 1