MULEPACKHUNTER

Hunt Draw issue

2 hours ago, azbow said:

Do kids have to have their own email to set up a portal acct?

Yes. Or at least a separate one (meaning if you had more than one you could use one for the kid’s account) My understanding is when (if?) they ever get the family portal working then kids may not need a separate email...

Yeah, I've been saying this for decades, they couldn't get it more wrong. I'm a software engineer. The G&F application process would make perfect material for aspiring software developers of exactly what not to do. It's literally one of the worst public facing apps I've ever seen. Ironically, some state schools are just as bad, if not worse.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Coach said:

Yeah, I've been saying this for decades, they couldn't get it more wrong. I'm a software engineer. The G&F application process would make perfect material for aspiring software developers of exactly what not to do. It's literally one of the worst public facing apps I've ever seen. Ironically, some state schools are just as bad, if not worse.

Sad things is the state overpays on crap like this and wonders why they are always over budget, almost like obamas health care site.

• Like 1

Not that it makes a difference but did anyone notice the date on there emailed receipt? My and one other person has 10/02/2020...

12 hours ago, n2horns said:

Sad things is the state overpays on crap like this and wonders why they are always over budget, almost like obamas health care site.

If you like your draw unit you can keep it

• Like 2

I don't understand why they can't see that I'm an AZ resident from my previous applications and retain all that information.  Why do we have to enter that crap over and over again.

15 hours ago, n2horns said:

Actually, when it comes to IT professionals, the State of Arizona (and most government entities for that matter) pay the absolute worst in the industry.  A skilled software engineer can make two to three times more working for private industry than he can working for the state.  So, what happens?  Most often (but not always) the only software guys who will take the low pay are the ones who can't cut it in the private market.  The Commission has said that they don't want to contract out the draw process to the private entities that run them in other states, so instead we end up with a "home grown" draw system put together by the guys who are willing to work for peanuts.  That's not how you get your best product.

1 hour ago, phillyphan said:

I don't understand why they can't see that I'm an AZ resident from my previous applications and retain all that information.  Why do we have to enter that crap over and over again.

People move, and lie. 

3 hours ago, 1uglydude said:

Actually, when it comes to IT professionals, the State of Arizona (and most government entities for that matter) pay the absolute worst in the industry.  A skilled software engineer can make two to three times more working for private industry than he can working for the state.  So, what happens?  Most often (but not always) the only software guys who will take the low pay are the ones who can't cut it in the private market.  The Commission has said that they don't want to contract out the draw process to the private entities that run them in other states, so instead we end up with a "home grown" draw system put together by the guys who are willing to work for peanuts.  That's not how you get your best product.

If 6 figures a year is peanuts sign me up for that circus