Little Creek Calls

National call making contest 2020

Just finished up with the calls I am entering in the national call making contest in Nashville at the NWTF convention and thought I would share a couple pictures.

First is a Hawaiian koa pot with a brass calling surface. It has a koa striker to match.

IMG_20200207_204901.thumb.jpg.5e0d0ceabf039d0c1248ac2349758aca.jpgIMG_20200207_204932.thumb.jpg.7419157982bd1437fd1f73d7fd69c39e.jpg

• Like 3

It's for looks and is kind of a turkey striker thing. People have been making corn cob strikers for a long time but full cob strikers are for soft calling and doesn't have much volume. This is just a insert and doesn't affect the volume of the call.

Nice work! Is that a light stain on mesquite? I’ve been in and out of town so frequently for the last half a year I haven’t had a chance to play. Did get a chance to cut a few knife scales from some Koa I brought back from Kauai a couple weeks ago. 

I purchased one of Ammon's calls.  copper and mesquite.  Quality and great sound.  I would encourage you all to support him.  Couldn't brag enough about the craftsmanship and care.  So glad I found him.  Now the finding and hunting is up to me.  He set me up for success. 

• Like 1

For those of you thinking about supporting local business owners, here's your chance!

I bought an aluminum pot call from Ammon last year. I wanted to move to the next level after having called in a gobbler last spring for a Heroes Rising Outdoors veteran using my 35-year-old Lee box call. He made mine out of mesquite (type of wood he uses is your choice). Beautiful and great sounding! I also purchased a couple diaphragm mouth calls from him --- some sweet hands-free turkey slayers!

Can't wait to put these to use this next Friday up on the Rim on my own hunt --- thanks again, Ammon!