Flatlander

The best 3 weeks of the year...

Two more days until the worst three hours of the year.  Starting about 9:00 AM friday when your phone starts to light up with the screenshots and no matter how many times you check that account . . . AZGFD simply wont take your money.

• Like 3

I'm looking on the bright side. If I don't get drawn I'm going to Minnesota and Wisconsin to sit in a stand(heated of course), drink whisky, and fling arrows at deer. If I do draw, then I have to get my a$$ in shape. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow! 1

37 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

I'm looking on the bright side. If I don't get drawn I'm going to Minnesota and Wisconsin to sit in a stand(heated of course), drink whisky, and fling arrows at deer. If I do draw, then I have to get my a$$ in shape. 

I like flinging arrows and drinking good whiskey!!!!  😁😁😁

12 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Two more days until the worst three hours of the year.  Starting about 9:00 AM friday when your phone starts to light up with the screenshots and no matter how many times you check that account . . . AZGFD simply wont take your money.

Couldn’t have said it any better.   When anticipation turns to depression!

• Like 1

It's a sickness! 

34921650b8129af2d622c104e3698465.jpg

• Like 5

I am at least hoping for a poverty tag. 

Don't check for card hits on Friday and wait for your tag in the mail. Then you will have four or five more of the best weeks of the year😝

• Like 2

15 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

Don't check for card hits on Friday and wait for your tag in the mail. Then you will have four or five more of the best weeks of the year😝

Although this is really good advice, I can't believe anyone here will actually do that.  Besides, if we get no news which is bad news, then we can at least think about/respond to tag deadlines in other states, or look at over the counter hunts/areas and start planning in our minds (while we continue to overload bank account access websites!).

Besides, we're all capable of handling bad news, which will likely be most of us anyway as it typically is most years.  Knowing there is already $500 saved for an out-of-state tag somewhere is a little bit comforting (just in case).  Although that's enough for Utah, it's not enough for Colorado, but a good start. 

Should be about 24 hours or less now... before true anxiety sets in after posts of hits start showing up en masse and the G&F forgot to hit our accounts...

Someone needs to start a "Credit card hits have started" thread tomorrow morning and make that the official thread! Then everyone should post there.

Makes it easier to follow everyone's excitement.....or misery! 😎

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

Someone needs to start a "Credit card hits have started" thread tomorrow morning and make that the official thread! Then everyone should post there.

Makes it easier to follow everyone's excitement.....or misery! 😎

If the pattern hold from previous draws, about 10 different guys will each start their own "credit card hits have started" within the first 5 minutes of each other rather than look and notice someone already posted one.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rossislider said:

If the pattern hold from previous draws, about 10 different guys will each start their own "credit card hits have started" within the first 5 minutes of each other rather than look and notice someone already posted one.

Exactly...then 10 more threads about which units drawn. Then come Sept with bull pics the unit is suddenly top secret. Every year, but I still love seeing them all...

I don't miss the old days when you had to wait almost 2 months to know if you got drawn.  Back then credit cards weren't used and you had to write a check with your app and then you'd get it refunded if you weren't drawn so no way to tell if your account had been "hit".

The vivid memories of me and my family sitting on the home phone, calling into AZGFD, getting a busy signal and hitting re-dial and repeat the process for about 45 minutes or longer before you'd get through and find the results LOL.  The process has sure come a long way!

• Like 4