Arizona 79

Ruger M77 MKII Duckbill Laminate SS 22-250- $600.00

Who made the  barrel and what twist?  Thanks!

That looks to be the org barrel, Ruger made them one year(blued action stainless barrel) before going to the stainless actions. the made them for about 1 year give or take a few months.

I have one in .220 swift (think its a 1-14) and one in 25-06 still NIB from the same year. then a few when they went to the stainless actions to match the barrels. I love the blue reciever with the stainless barrel wish they hadn't changed. My other stainless ones from 1 and 2 years after this year shoot  the same. and the stainless is slightly more of a matte finish.

I was told by my wholesaler that the reason for the blued receiver was because ruger hadnt had there stainless receivers finished in time and they were pushing to get out a awsum P-dog Varmit gun. the time frame of these guns were when P-dog shooting was at its prime. I met the guys from Ruger shooting these varmit guns up at the babbit ranch many years ago, I was able to shoot the 22-250 and the 220 swift.  I already had 2 Remington 700 bld varmit guns in 22-250 so had my wholesaler get me the .220 swift. tried to get a 22-250. so got a 25-06 but they were sold out before they hit the market.

I got thousands of round through my 220 swift running 55 grain noslers ballistic tips and it still makes one hole groups from the day I bought it. Bore still looks like new. If I recall I am running about 3800 FPS. My 22-250 Remington I am on my 2nds barrel (bought same year shot same amount, the other one had 3 or 4 barrles on it but was 3 years older. Ruger Barrels last far longer than the Remington 700's

free bump along with some info.

My dad had a stainless action version of this gun, and it was a shooter. It wasn't twisted fast enough for heavy bullets, but the 55gr were lasers and the gun was accurate as heck. 

Been in the safe for a long time 

I don’t know the rd history. I have shot less than 20 rds. 
it is a tack driver. I have always been a 22-250 fan, but this one is to heavy for me to hunt with 

a great range gun!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Arizona 79 said:

Been in the safe for a long time 

I don’t know the rd history. I have shot less than 20 rds. 
it is a tack driver. I have always been a 22-250 fan, but this one is to heavy for me to hunt with 

a great range gun!

Do you ever get to the valley?