mbiewer

Where am I, and what was this???

We stumbled upon this , in plain sight if you’re out n about. Of close it stuck out from the landscape like a sore thumb. Our curiosity got the better of us.  

taking a long shot to see if anyone here might be able to shed a little light onto the mindset of what the heck the plan was lol

18655CFA-A80E-4C74-BA55-85E1BA8F0BF2.jpeg

F75D04E0-B459-401C-B51B-A46A3AFB267C.jpeg

12AF43AF-EBD0-432F-A535-158A2B1E1C01.jpeg

EB685532-527A-409A-9514-AE1C220337EE.jpeg

that looks like chief butte on the pinal parkway(az79).  we found lots of tank training evidence and a couple of tank traps farther north at the edge of ninety-six hills where they reach the parkway.  i was told it was tank training from ww2 by an old fellow in aj i met at aj imports say 1994.

could it have been an effort to create a mud bog for driving tanks through for training?  long shot.

lee

• Like 1

There was a big compound back there a few years ago, always tractor trailers coming and going then one year it was gone not sure what they were doing back there 

On 2/15/2020 at 5:07 PM, eom said:

Back behind Newman’s peak

Yup... you win... But since you had a 37a tag also, think thats technically cheating. ha ha just kidding.

On the eastern slopes of the picacho range. Was out scouting and from Pecan/Deep well ranch...it sticks out quite a bit. We were trying to work our way around to new ground to see if a different strategy would help for HAM... The road we chose took us right to it.

Was more posting, becuase it looked like they dumped alot of money into it. 6' chain link around the outside of the parcel. A steel building. 10' berm around what seemed to be a yucca plot.  And then additional "fields"....  on Onyx it just comes up as "robert walker dynasty trust"... 

Looks like they spent a lot of money on it, and a lot of effort... Up until you get to the living quarters.  An old 27' travel trailer, built into a concrete "adobe" type walled structure. Like they literraly parked the trailer, and then built the rest of the building around it.

it used to be all locked up I was glad when they closed up because when they put that fence up you couldn’t drive around the mountain anymore the old man that lived there was not to friendly I tried a couple times to ask what they were doing but never got any responses, I grew up out there and spend a lot of time out there and Could never figure out what they were doing 

• Like 1

That is a Old "cactus farming" operation that was owned by some attorneys and Doctors from the metros. It was built up and they had guys that lived there full time. They blocked the road that had been there for many years and Az G&f tried getting them to let people have access through the property but they wouldn't have anything to do with it. Kind of a red flag type thing. Eventually someone built a 2 track road around the place to access the g&f tank back up by the old mine building. After the place went belly up people tore down the gates and tore the building up and now it is just a pile of rubble in the desert. Oh I forgot its the east side of Newman mountain north of Picacho peak.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AZHunter1 said:

That is a Old "cactus farming" operation that was owned by some attorneys and Doctors from the metros. It was built up and they had guys that lived there full time. They blocked the road that had been there for many years and Az G&f tried getting them to let people have access through the property but they wouldn't have anything to do with it. Kind of a red flag type thing. Eventually someone built a 2 track road around the place to access the g&f tank back up by the old mine building. After the place went belly up people tore down the gates and tore the building up and now it is just a pile of rubble in the desert. Oh I forgot its the east side of Newman mountain north of Picacho peak.

See, i knew someone here would know  the "paul harvey" version.

Thanks Azhunter

• Like 1

Before it was locked a guy told me that they were going to raise llamas there.  Then it got locked up and all kinds of warning signs went up I thought something is suspicious.  👽:rolleyes:

• Like 1