PRDATR

Broke ankle in 16A need help

On 2/16/2020 at 12:48 PM, Ohthatguy said:

Your story is almost identical to mine. Carrying my pig off a mountain in Unit 42 in 2015. Foot slipped, fell backwards and landed on leg bent below me. Hear snap and pop and find my foot pointing more behind me than in front. Had to call my buddies in to get me after crawling down a good part of a hill to get cell service.

My other ankle was 2 screws shy of being identical to this one from a motorcycle wreck 30 years ago.

FWIW, they removed all of the hardware from the 1st accident about 2 years after the incident but I was much younger then. The stuff from 2015 will likely never be removed.

Javi season small 4.jpg

That is the same picture of what they doctor showed me of what they plan to do on Thursday. For some reason CWT isn't letting me upload pics from my phone or computer. I get Error 200,

• Like 1

Where is AZLance and his array of meaningful contributions?

Glad you are ok and didn’t need rescued, but certainly would have been happy to do it.

1 hour ago, Flatlander said:

Glad you are ok and didn’t need rescued, but certainly would have been happy to do it.

Man crush Monday?

• Love 1

Ouch!!  Glad to hear you got out ok.  Here's to a quick recovery so you can be ready for elk season.  (a little positive thinking never hurts)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trphyhntr said:

A mile into the wilderness to look for 2 pigs. 

I'll get them to them next year. I have taken three in there at 1.5 miles.  Two of them solo. I've done countless solo hunts over the years and enjoy it.

• Like 4

Dang Chris! I don't know how I missed this till today. Glad you got out okay. Heal up quick!

Stories like these are one of my fears, and one of the reasons my wife is so paranoid about me going out by myself. I recently (this past fall) added a roll of SAM splint and windlass tourniquet to my field kit. Both weigh next to nothing and definitely give you some piece of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J5H92C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ETMVQOI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8 hours ago, PRDATR said:

That is the same picture of what they doctor showed me of what they plan to do on Thursday. For some reason CWT isn't letting me upload pics from my phone or computer. I get Error 200,

Try reducing the size of the pic. I got that same error several times before downsizing the pic. 

4 hours ago, rossislider said:

Dang Chris! I don't know how I missed this till today. Glad you got out okay. Heal up quick!

Stories like these are one of my fears, and one of the reasons my wife is so paranoid about me going out by myself. I recently (this past fall) added a roll of SAM splint and windlass tourniquet to my field kit. Both weigh next to nothing and definitely give you some piece of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001J5H92C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ETMVQOI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the links rossislider.  Good stuff.  Added to my cart.

Not sure what "piece of mind" you are talking about :D, but if you want "peace of mind" for your wife, get yourself a Garmin InReach Explorer+. 

They can be had here used for $300 +/- $50 and money well spent IMHO.  You'll need to purchase a subscription when in use, but the cost is very reasonable IMO.

Eddie

P.S. Glad the OP is okay and on the road to recovery.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Flatlander said:

I'm still hear...waiting to hear if the roofing estimate he requested ever showed up...

• Like 2

Haven't logged into CW in several days and just now seeing this.  Holy crap was my first reaction, but I'm glad you are doing better and the long-term prognosis is good.  I'm guessing your surgery happened today, already.  I hope you have a speedy recovery and are back in the saddle soon.  Holler if you need anything from the north country.  You've always been good to me here, so if I can help, please don't hesitate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IA Born said:

Haven't logged into CW in several days and just now seeing this.  Holy crap was my first reaction, but I'm glad you are doing better and the long-term prognosis is good.  I'm guessing your surgery happened today, already.  I hope you have a speedy recovery and are back in the saddle soon.  Holler if you need anything from the north country.  You've always been good to me here, so if I can help, please don't hesitate!

Yes, surgery was this morning at 7 and took about two hours. I have a soft cast and a followup appointment on Tuesday and am resting  with my foot up dozing on and off. Not a lot of pain and my sister who is a Practicioner Cardiac Nurse is here to hlep keep me out of trouble.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Yes, surgery was this morning at 7 and took about two hours. I have a soft cast and a followup appointment on Tuesday and am resting  with my foot up dozing on and off. Not a lot of pain and my sister who is a Practicioner Cardiac Nurse is here to hlep keep me out of trouble.

Start binge watching "House". You'll love it! Speedy recovery!