PRDATR

Broke ankle in 16A need help

Glad you made it out and had cell service, good reminder to carry a satellite locator all the time, lately I’ve been a little lazy about keeping it in my pack.  Best wishes and speedy recovery!

Sounds lo

Ike a plate and screws like mine, sorry to hear about the break, but at least your surrounded by family and friends..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wildwoody said:

Sounds lo

Ike a plate and screws like mine, sorry to hear about the break, but at least your surrounded by family and friends..

Is yours permanent of did it come out after it was healed?

Your story is almost identical to mine. Carrying my pig off a mountain in Unit 42 in 2015. Foot slipped, fell backwards and landed on leg bent below me. Hear snap and pop and find my foot pointing more behind me than in front. Had to call my buddies in to get me after crawling down a good part of a hill to get cell service.

My other ankle was 2 screws shy of being identical to this one from a motorcycle wreck 30 years ago.

FWIW, they removed all of the hardware from the 1st accident about 2 years after the incident but I was much younger then. The stuff from 2015 will likely never be removed.

Javi season small 4.jpg

Hay that's my x-ray, I left my plate in for more support. But you probably have it removed. Mine happened pulling wire and the mule tape broke and so did my ankle.. You'll heal just gonna take few months..

if your into the DYI medical stuff we could build you a plate and bone screws, might save you a few bucks too ;)

that really sucks, after a little heart problem wife wouldn't let me hunt alone or with the kids cause they were young, so I taught my 8 year old at the time how to drive. Then after thats she was like well that will just leave you out there cause she cant move ya. I told her that's what the paracord is for ties it to my leg and drag me out with the truck. see honey I thought of everything ;)

seriously good luck on your recovery

• Like 1

I'm glad you got out ok! Scary to think what could have happened had you been farther in. I'm happy to read you got a broken ankle over reading your obituary dude. 

• Like 1

I'm glad you're safely back at home, in good care, and on your way to recovery. I can imagine the pain and dread you suffered after the fall and break, far from help. I'm just two weeks out after a long lumber spine fusion operation and have been in excruciating pain, getting very little sleep since then, but unlike you in the wild I was always at or near care. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and a great hunting year in 2020.

18 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Your story is almost identical to mine. Carrying my pig off a mountain in Unit 42 in 2015. Foot slipped, fell backwards and landed on leg bent below me. Hear snap and pop and find my foot pointing more behind me than in front. Had to call my buddies in to get me after crawling down a good part of a hill to get cell service.

My other ankle was 2 screws shy of being identical to this one from a motorcycle wreck 30 years ago.

FWIW, they removed all of the hardware from the 1st accident about 2 years after the incident but I was much younger then. The stuff from 2015 will likely never be removed.

Javi season small 4.jpg

Thankfully google earth showed a road that wasnt the one you took in or you would still be there....:)

Chris:

Heck of a way to get attention, brother! Just saw your post --- glad others were on top of things and shuttled you back to the Valley okay! You've got my phone # --- call me if I can be of help in the next bit ...

• Like 1

man that sucks!

glad to hear you made it out alive!

shattered my leg (second time) and my entire foot not far from there..... burro creek

here's to a fast recovery!!!!🍻

james