Sign in to follow this  
PhxDT

When did arrows get so crazy expensive??

And then theres broadheads...At least $10-12 bucks each as well for most.  Some are $30 each.  Makes some of us think twice before we start sending arrows everywhere.

On 2/21/2020 at 6:35 AM, Heat said:

And then theres broadheads...At least $10-12 bucks each as well for most.  Some are $30 each.  Makes some of us think twice before we start sending arrows everywhere.

Does it?

Building your own arrows is the best thing to do imo. Just like custom handloads for rifles. Check out some articles on arrow and nock tuning. I also number my arrows to keep track of which ones shoot better/worse. Helical fletchings also help stabilize large blade broadheads that don't shoot well in high speed bows with no helical twist.

1 hour ago, Explorer said:

Building your own arrows is the best thing to do imo. Just like custom handloads for rifles. Check out some articles on arrow and nock tuning. I also number my arrows to keep track of which ones shoot better/worse. Helical fletchings also help stabilize large blade broadheads that don't shoot well in high speed bows with no helical twist.

I do both.  I build some and buy some when convenient.

• Like 1