Edge

AZ Meteorite

7:19am Sunday morning just moments before sunrise, a meteor streaked across the AZ sky.

It's trajectory was from east to west, South of 20A. The accompanying sonic boom registered 3.2 on the Richter Scale.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone whom witnessed or heard/felt this event.

• Like 3

I'm figuring out how to go back two days and look at the Doppler radar loop from the time. Would have been a lot easier to access them had I done it Sunday.

They said it was the size of a pebble.. That's what the astronomer said. Going 50miles a second.

18 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I saw it. I was in our first stand of the morning out calling coyotes 

Please describe the event, I'd like to hear from an eyewitness.  What did you think it was when you saw/heard it?  I've seen a couple long winded meteors (none in daylight) in my life but never any I thought made it to earth.  

I was sittting staring at a fox pro facing north. Honestly I thought it was just a shooting star and it kept going and going. I didn’t hear anything

23 minutes ago, oz31p said:

I saw it. I was in our first stand of the morning out calling coyotes 

365770507_tenor(2).gif.cccbde944d3f41992af87693ec9cd77d.gif

Didn’t (See) witness it but woke everyone in the house up. Where my bedroom sits in nw Prescott Valley sounded north of us towards the airport/chino valley. Sounded like really loud rolling thunder... boom boooom bang! Wife and I sat up immediately and asked each what that was. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

They said it was the size of a pebble.. That's what the astronomer said. Going 50miles a second.

Azcentral earlier had 2 stories about it. the org story and then another one. the one story said it was the size of a microwave and registered a 3.2 on the richtor scale. I just went back to look and cant find either story on the front page. they both were there about 6pm

That had to leave a big butt hole ????????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delw said:

Azcentral earlier had 2 stories about it. the org story and then another one. the one story said it was the size of a microwave and registered a 3.2 on the richtor scale. I just went back to look and cant find either story on the front page. they both were there about 6pm

That had to leave a big butt hole ????????

Yeah something that size should have kicked up a little dust. Somebody with a motorized hanglider would have a foot up on the crowd. Guys are finding meteors on dry lake beds using easy flights.find1.jpg.45aa2089cd7d41a783d7417fcf4f44f3.jpg

16 hours ago, Delw said:

I read earllier they had another BOOM today and they also showed video of something streaking through the sky.

Oh, that was Michael Bloomberg's last remaining hopes after the debate last night that exploded and fell to earth. Nothing to see there. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

On 2/18/2020 at 8:17 PM, wildwoody said:

Most are the size of pebbles, not this one. It broke up in the atmosphere and three main bodies are filmed thousands of feet above Prescott.

• Like 1