Big Browns

Colorado Mule Deer options

On 2/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, yotebuster said:

I’m gonna dump them next year.  I’m thinking 44 2nd season (currently takes like 9 points so I think I’d be ahead of the game with 21) and take advantage of the new season dates essentially making it a 3rd season.  Or 67 4th season and take advantage of the really late dates. 

😆 did you hear Epic's newest podcast? I'd like to go on record that I told you first. Give it a listen. It came out Friday.

9 hours ago, AZkiller said:

😆 did you hear Epic's newest podcast? I'd like to go on record that I told you first. Give it a listen. It came out Friday.

Yeah I listened to it.  It’s gonna be a mad rush next year.  Maybe even this year.  My dad and brother have 22.  We’re gonna go kill some stuff the next couple years.  Shoulda burned them back when I had 8-10.  Wish I had 20-22 points in AZ for anything!!  

• Like 2

YB, if I had your points I would use them this year. I’m in limbo with 14 so I think I’m going to end up waiting till I have 20 but I think the bucks are going to take a HUGE hit with this new season structure. 

• Like 2

I can probably help you with some recommendations.  I lived up there for several years, and I hunt the rifle hunts every year, and intend to do so every year in the near future.

• Like 1

I wouldnt look for the best units in Colorado you can find big or even huge deer in a low tier unit. 

• Wow! 1

Do you have to buy a hunting license in Colorado if you just want to get a bonus point? I would like to start collecting some points. Thank you 

9 minutes ago, tyler1215 said:

Do you have to buy a hunting license in Colorado if you just want to get a bonus point? I would like to start collecting some points. Thank you 

Yes you do, costs about $85 

21 points for me now.  Thought I had a tag this year but the cut tag numbers in the unit I was after last minute and that made me miss the cut.  It’s all or nothing next year I guess!  

4th season for us! We hunt 3rd season there every year and took a gamble on 4th season. We didn't have a 100% draw odds but I was figuring a lot of people  who had decent points would hold out for next year. From talking to friends out in CO, it seems as though those with fewer points dumped them for third season this year and those with higher saved for next years 4th season. I'm extremely curious how these new dates are going to effect management. Initial thoughts were that its going to hurt maturity, however i've heard pretty compelling arguments against it too. I guess time will tell, but i'm happy i have a 4th just in case it goes to shoot in the next few years!

• Like 1

While everyone was focused on burning points in the 3rd and 4th season, I was able to grab a great archary tag with minimum points! Congrats to all that got a tag!

• Like 1