bigorange

MeatEater podcast - Jim Heffelfinger

If anyone listens to MeatEater podcast anymore...AZGFD’s Jim Heffelfinger was on today’s episode. Very interesting and educational...also some fun discussion about coues pronunciation with some info I hadn’t heard before. 

• Like 2

When i really started trying to understand deer i got his book. (Jims book) .  At the time he was New Mexico i think when the book was wrote. Does  he work work for AZ now?

39 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

When i really started trying to understand deer i got his book. (Jims book) .  At the time he was New Mexico i think when the book was wrote. Does  he work work for AZ now?

Jim has worked for AZGFD for quite some time now. I remember working some quail checkin stations with him in unit 37A  20 years ago. He is still on staff and lives here in Tucson 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WallHanger said:

I believe Jim has been with azgfd for 27 years. I listened to him on the Jay Scott podcast not to long ago. Pretty good!

He mentioned that one...I’ll have to find that episode too. Haven’t listened to Jay in a while. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I haven't listened to a single episode since I saw him live in Tempe.

That bad?

6 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

I haven't listened to a single episode since I saw him live in Tempe.

Me neither 

9 hours ago, Explorer said:

That bad?

As stated by others who know him (even a little), Jim is a legit good dude!!

Regarding Rinella, I was at the Tempe Improv even as well.  I asked the first question of the night, which was regarding the hot topic at that time; RAFFLE TAGS.  He gave very much a 'non-answer', in my opinion.  Was sort of riding the middle on it.....    If I recall, towards the end of the night he did some sort of an informal poll with the audience regarding the topic of how to deal with the non-hunting public.  A definite chill hit the room when that topic was discussed. ;)

I still listen and watch his stuff sometimes, whether he shares all of my opinions or not.  The only problem I have with his podcasts is that I feel like they often ramble on and I sometimes get bored.

S.

3 minutes ago, stanley said:

As stated by others who know him (even a little), Jim is a legit good dude!!

Regarding Rinella, I was at the Tempe Improv even as well.  I asked the first question of the night, which was regarding the hot topic at that time; RAFFLE TAGS.  He gave very much a 'non-answer', in my opinion.  Was sort of riding the middle on it.....    If I recall, towards the end of the night he did some sort of an informal poll with the audience regarding the topic of how to deal with the non-hunting public.  A definite chill hit the room when that topic was discussed. ;)

I still listen and watch his stuff sometimes, whether he shares all of my opinions or not.  The only problem I have with his podcasts is that I feel like they often ramble on and I sometimes get bored.

S.

Remember how when he mentioned Coues, the room went nuts?

He didn't say another word about them after that.

Know your audience dude.

• Like 1