oz31p

Ladder test with a diy wireless camera

I was getting ready to go shoot a ladder test when a guy I work with asked if I wanted to use his wireless camera . I resisted at first because I’ve seen wireless target cameras in the past and they are glitchy and unreliable. 

well he show me his home made one and it’s perfect. He’s tested it to a mile with out issues.  I used it at 450 and it worked flawlessly. It streamed hd right to my phone. Here’s a few photos. The target is clean in the photo. I should have takes some screen shots with hits. 

1F4BD46A-E00C-4364-B3C9-7A59631D95A3.jpeg

3D230B1E-4172-4A86-9358-CF1FC4926B42.png

10 minutes ago, 5guyshunting said:

No pics of hits means no hits😮.

Just joking. How does this work, do you need cell service with internet?

No hits because it was before o started a ladder test. 

no service needed 

Wireless Wi-Fi router 12 V battery and a antenna booster. Self contained  into a small ammo can

8 minutes ago, oz31p said:

No hits because it was before o started a ladder test. 

no service needed 

Wireless Wi-Fi router 12 V battery and a antenna booster. Self contained  into a small ammo can

So you need to be where you can get internet and boost the signal? Sorry my kids do all the new gadget thinking for me.

1 hour ago, 5guyshunting said:

So you need to be where you can get internet and boost the signal? Sorry my kids do all the new gadget thinking for me.

No. This creates its own network. Zero service required. I was really impressed. I’m gonna have my own made

This is intriguing!!  Will any router work with 12v?  I woulda thought you’d need an inverter?  I usually just use my pioneer to drive over there but I spend more time driving then shooting a lot of time!! 

8 hours ago, Big Browns said:

What do we need to order to create our own?

I don’t know. I can up you in contact with the guy . 

i do know it’s small enough to fit in a small ammo can and it’s powered by a small 12 battery